Lucky score: Ohio state lottery draws 4-2-3-9 winner

CLEVELAND -- Ohio State's 42-39 victory over Michigan also was lucky for players of the Ohio Lottery.

Minutes after Saturday's game was over, the numbers 4-2-3-9 were drawn for the Pick 4 game.

"You know it happens," lottery spokeswoman Marie Kilbane said Sunday.

Bettors can play the game in a variety of ways. Anyone who played $1 and picked the 4-2-3-9 combination in order won $5,000. The odds of the numbers turning up in that combination were 10,000 to 1.

The lottery paid a total of $2.19 million in winnings. Players had wagered $347,867.50.

Kilbane said it's likely that most of the bets with the winning numbers were placed after the game ended, but she did not know how much money was wagered in that period. The football game finished at 7:13 p.m. and the drawing was at 7:29 p.m.

The only thing that irritates me about powerball is that no one from Iowa usually wins it!!!! Now about 2 months ago a couple from Fort Dodge that is about 45 minutes northwest of Des Moines won something like 195 million dollars. That's the first time an Iowa couple has won it in a long time!!!!

I think that when it gets to a certain point they should split it and have 2 drawings and if both pots reach the set amount they split again. No one needs 195 million. Of course if I won that much I would not turn it down.

The only thing that irritates me about powerball is that no one from Iowa usually wins it!!!! Now about 2 months ago a couple from Fort Dodge that is about 45 minutes northwest of Des Moines won something like 195 million dollars. That's the first time an Iowa couple has won it in a long time!!!!

I think that when it gets to a certain point they should split it and have 2 drawings and if both pots reach the set amount they split again. No one needs 195 million. Of course if I won that much I would not turn it down.

If I won that much the first thing I would do would be to get me a nice skybox at Memorial Stadium!!!! :thumbs