Nebraska's trick plays

Funny excerpt from Ganz:

"Barry brags to me all the time saying, 'Look at my highlight tape in high school. I was a great tight end.' I threw it to him two weeks ago (in practice), and he dropped it," Ganz said. "I told him I was never going to throw it to him again, no matter how open he was. But he was too open today, so I had to throw it to him."

That is funny! :lol:

The puffaloes fans say that "NU had to gimmick there way past CU"

Because 23 points is a gimmick?

gimmick?

we did it more to make fun of CU.

We didn't NEED those plays. We just thought it was hilarious to rub it in their face. If anything, we should have run 4 trick plays against someone like Texas! Instead, with nothing on the line, we decided to make a fool of sCUm and I loved every minute of it.

I, too, laughed my ass off every minute. Especially the Taylor one.....perfecto!

gimmick?

no kidding. at the end of the game i expected callahan to hit hawkins with a joy buzzer in the handshake, a "hey, ya got something on your shirt" routine and then put a "kick me!" sign on his back before he left.

gimmick?

no kidding. at the end of the game i expected callahan to hit hawkins with a joy buzzer in the handshake, a "hey, ya got something on your shirt" routine and then put a "kick me!" sign on his back before he left.

And then a fart machine under his seat in the bus.

nah. hawkins wouldn't have noticed that.

gimmick?

And then a fart machine under his seat in the bus.

nah. hawkins wouldn't have noticed that.

:lol: Good point.....

Watching the trick plays made the game alot of fun. I was talking with my dad, and as I put it, they were having fun and playin good ol' sandlot football.

It was actually kind of funny, after the first one, my dad and I pretty much called the rest of em. Like on the Lucky-Taylor pass attempt, when they lined up, I told my dad they were gonna run the HB pass, but throw it cross field since they hadn't done that before. Given, I didn't expect it to be to Taylor.

On the fake punt/hard count/direct snap, as soon as Taylor started walking, my dad yelled "They're gonna snap it!"

Reminded me of my good ol' days of neighborhood football... quadruple reverses, flea flickers, and my personal favorite, the fumblrooski :) .

you can tell hawkins gave a good assement of Nebraskas personal..you think when the backup QB lined up to kick FG!!!! they would figured somethings up....smart lil puffaloes

and when a defensive back who is a former running back lines up as the punter, might have been a clue that something was amiss.

retards all of them

I loved 'em!!!

Those were great.

I think we tried four of them tonite and only 3 panned out. But still amazing to see. They always keep the fans riled up. I think Taylor needs to go to LA and become an actor for that fake "time out." I laughed so hard when we pulled that off. Nice job Huskers!

I think we actually tried 5 of them. Two HB passes (Marlon pulled the ball in and tried to run it..so it appeared to me on our first attempt), the fake field goal, the fake hardcount/direct snap and the throw back to Taylor (I really wanted him to catch that for a TD). My favorites are the TD pass to Turner and of course the hardcount/direct snap. Loved em!!! :corndance:corndance