Why OU probably wins this game

Their defensive front 7 appears they could shut down our running game... for awhile. I think the OU secondary is suspect, though. If we make them respect the pass, that will open things up on the ground.

I think you're right. Our big problem is our defensive line vs. our offensive line (and to a lesser extent our secondary vs. their receivers). If our offensive line is getting dominated on our first offensive series, then Callahan needs to go to the pass, quickly, to try to open up the running game.

Callahan will have this team ready. If the sooners underestimate us they'll lose.

and believe me there are underestimating NU big time.

Who is underestimating us "big time"? the Coaches? Players? or just the Fans posting on their bbs sites?

I seriously doubt the ones that matter will underestimate ANYONE.

I have a feeling Callahan has been running more the early part of the season so he could Pass to set up the run in the conf. championship game...And give us a run threat/experience in the red zone.

I think one thing that will help a lot against OU, is something we did a lot of against CU. I think having Turner on the end, gives Carriker more one on one matchups inside at tackle. Having a run stopper and pass rusher on the interior line, someone like Carriker, helps a ton. The one thing that gets Turner and his SPEED in trouble is running too far up field. When he does this, it opens up that lane, especially if Carriker gets sealed in. This would mean big trouble against OU and their running game. Overall, I think if our defense comes to play, we will be just fine. Thompson does not make many good decisions when he is pressured repeatedly.

I don't know if I like this idea for going against Oklahoma. Since they are generally a running team this year (last game they only threw the ball 11 times) I would feel more comfortable with Carriker at an end position with Suh, Cryer, and Ola in the other two tackle positions. I feel that our best plan of action is to get our best run stuffing players on the d-line and not our best pass rushing combos. If it is an obvious passing down, the having Turner in there makes sense but I would rather have a lineup of Carriker, Ola, Cryer or Suh, and Moore to stuff the run.

OU has more talent and speed than NU, but I think we have a chance of to beat them.

Containing their excellent running backs will be key. We're doomed if they break free a lot and run wild in our secondary. I can't imagine more of a mismatch in college football than Shanle trying to tackle Adrian Peterson in the open field. OU's other two tailbacks are plenty tough and fast that we need to consistently stop them at the line of scrimmage.

I think we can turn them over on defense and perhaps get a pick or two against their QB Thompson.

I hope our players can maintain their poise. OU's players have played in a ton of big games and definitely have the edge in that respect. NU needs to play under control. The mental part of a championship game is important and often underestimated.

NU will make some big plays but likely will struggle to grind it out against a very stubborn and talented Sooner defense.

The offense can make things happen and will do so Saturday in KC. Should be a fun, crazy game.

We can pull it off.

I think if OK can make us one dimensional by stopping the run we will be toast. Our O-line has to make holes for the backs. Passing may help the run game but it's going to come down to the O-line. If we can't move the ball on the ground OK will start focusing on pass defense and getting at ZT. I think we're a balance and control team more than an aerial team. OK will try to get us out of that balance/control mode.