Chances of winning the Chamionship??

BigRedWolf

I haven't come across a nationally syndicated writer picking Nebraska to win.

Yet, most of those that are making the Oklahoma win prediction are calling the game as a close one.

So, do the Huskers have a chance of winning?

With all the close predictions I'd have to say yes.

But, if the Huskers lose the Cotton Bowl has more name recognition then the Fiesta Bowl anyway.

If I was asked what bowl I'd rather have the Huskers play in (Without considering national rankings.) I'd pick the Cotton Bowl over the Fiesta anyday.

Nebraska can beat the Sooners. And, the Husker fans have made the championship pretty much a home game. So, all the writers that are looking at the numbers probably missed that one. And, with that one I don't see this game going to the Sooners.

Anybody, find a Nebraska win prediction; or, a prediction which takes into mind that the game will be filled with Husker fans?

From what I have heard, it will be about 3/4 red, so a semi home game i think. I believe we have a damn good shot at this game if we do one thing. contain the run. We won't stop them every series, because they are a great running team. They have a great defense, but they wont stop our offense everytime. I think, as good as each of the defenses can play, I see this coming out as who can convert more on 3rd down and winning the turnover battle.

I dont think anyone in the media is actually capable of thinking we can win the game. No one I have seen from ESPN, CFN and anywhere else gives nebraska much more than a foot note. You know, one of those, "That's nice. They actually made it to the game." kinda things.

There isnt the drama with NU. Our biggest player lost for the season was Bowman, and come on, how often are the media types going to point to a corner as a major reason for a season. We were the preseason favorite to win the north. And we all know what the media think of the north.

OU has all the drama, the coach with all the hype who is on the coach of the year awards lists. Players kicked off the team, the Hiesman canidate going down injured. The highway robbery at Oregon. Then winning the last games while Texas fell apart at the seams.

Plain and simple the media wants OU to win for the drama angle. They are focusing entirly on that and about ignoring the Huskers.

OU can do so at thier own risk. There could definatly be a bit of a payback mentality for the last two seasons the Huskers take into the game.