Horn Fans at the Cotton Bowl...

hookem22

Texas sucks, I hope Colt gets hurt

:asshat Dont ever post again - your not a real husker fan.

Can you explain to me what your definition of a REAL Husker fan is??

As hated as sCUm is, I don't think you have or will ever see a childish comment wishing someone to get hurt made by a REAL Husker fan. A REAL Husker fan loves his/her Huskers and despite his/her dislikes of certain teams, loves the game of college football and knows there are lines that should not be crossed (hoping a player gets hurt). Am I clear or do you require furthur explanation? I am sure there are others on the board that will be happy to explain it to you as well.

Texas sucks, I hope Colt gets hurt

:asshat Dont ever post again - your not a real husker fan.

Can you explain to me what your definition of a REAL Husker fan is??

As hated as sCUm is, I don't think you have or will ever see a childish comment wishing someone to get hurt made by a REAL Husker fan. A REAL Husker fan loves his/her Huskers and despite his/her dislikes of certain teams, loves the game of college football and knows there are lines that should not be crossed (hoping a player gets hurt). Am I clear or do you require furthur explanation? I am sure there are others on the board that will be happy to explain it to you as well.

I agree with you!!!! I would never wish injury to any player and anyone who would isn't a real fan they are nothing, but a sorry excuse for a human being.

I just wanted to say that for the most part (one poster excluded) your responses to my thread have confirmed everything that I have heard about Husker fans. From friends who made the trip to Lincoln this last year and people who have posted on hornfans and now on this board, Nebraska does have some of the best fans in college football. Just wanted to let yall know. Merry Christmas and beat the crap outta Bama Aggy (Auburn)...

LOL Hookem!!!! NO kidding. We were the Bama aggies for many years in Alabama. It's great to finally turn that around and dominate the state here in the Southeast. I appreciate your loyalty to the Big 12 as I am to the SEC teams in their bowl games. I do think we have something in common though. We hate the Big 10 or Big 2 conference. I think they re overated. Wisconsin only played one ranked team all season. It was Michigan. They got beat. Michigan and Ohio St did not play many ranked opponents either. It's hard to say how good they really are. Having lived in Texas for many years, this Auburn fan has been to many great games in Lubbock, College Station and Austin and will pull for the Big 12 in their games except of course when they play the SEC. I'm excited we get to play Nebraska as they work themselves back into respectabilty.

As in the SEC, the Big 12 conference is strong and we get to enjoy many in conference battles during the season. I have always felt the best teams come from the Big 12 and SEC. The Pac 2 and the Big 2 is pretty much a boring conference to watch except when Michigan and Ohio St face off. Then you have the Big Easy and the Awful College Conference that was boring to watch. Notre Dame should be put in a conference to make them earn their BCS. Beating all the service academies should not allow them into the BCS. Way better 2 loss teams got the snub because of that.

One final note. I do respect the Big 12 conference due to the fact of the respect the conference showed me in their stadiums when I proudly wore my Orange and Blue . The only place I got a bad taste was in College Station. I toured the campus with my friends who were from UT and Tech and every corner I turned I was yelled at and called names. I know tradition is rich in College Station. But a lot of those kids were so freaking immature. During the game those people would start whooping in the stands. I thought I was on a Turkey hunt in Alabama. It sounded like 70,000 people calling turkeys. Heck I even got hungry for Turkey hearing all the gobbling. Then they would bend over like it was going to be a 70,000 people orgy in the stands. I was like OMG. And then the Aggies when they scored, got to kiss their gf's. Now thats not a bad one. If an Aggie fan reads this don't think I hate Aggie fans. I don't. The tradition their was an experience I'll never forget. I even attended yell practice at midnight wearing my Auburn attire. Truly amazing. 6th St in Austin is a must see after a game.

Best of luck to the Big 12 and SEC during the Bowl Season and may the best Big 12 and SEC teams play for the national title next year. :) Happy Holidays!!!

WARRRR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to say that for the most part (one poster excluded) your responses to my thread have confirmed everything that I have heard about Husker fans. From friends who made the trip to Lincoln this last year and people who have posted on hornfans and now on this board, Nebraska does have some of the best fans in college football. Just wanted to let yall know. Merry Christmas and beat the crap outta Bama Aggy (Auburn)...

In our defense........that "one guy" does not belong to Husker Nation......Never the less.......thanks for the support....and I'll be cheering on the Horns as well

LOL Hookem!!!! NO kidding. We were the Bama aggies for many years in Alabama. It's great to finally turn that around and dominate the state here in the Southeast. I appreciate your loyalty to the Big 12 as I am to the SEC teams in their bowl games. I do think we have something in common though. We hate the Big 10 or Big 2 conference. I think they re overated. Wisconsin only played one ranked team all season. It was Michigan. They got beat. Michigan and Ohio St did not play many ranked opponents either. It's hard to say how good they really are. Having lived in Texas for many years, this Auburn fan has been to many great games in Lubbock, College Station and Austin and will pull for the Big 12 in their games except of course when they play the SEC. I'm excited we get to play Nebraska as they work themselves back into respectabilty.

As in the SEC, the Big 12 conference is strong and we get to enjoy many in conference battles during the season. I have always felt the best teams come from the Big 12 and SEC. The Pac 2 and the Big 2 is pretty much a boring conference to watch except when Michigan and Ohio St face off. Then you have the Big Easy and the Awful College Conference that was boring to watch. Notre Dame should be put in a conference to make them earn their BCS. Beating all the service academies should not allow them into the BCS. Way better 2 loss teams got the snub because of that.

One final note. I do respect the Big 12 conference due to the fact of the respect the conference showed me in their stadiums when I proudly wore my Orange and Blue . The only place I got a bad taste was in College Station. I toured the campus with my friends who were from UT and Tech and every corner I turned I was yelled at and called names. I know tradition is rich in College Station. But a lot of those kids were so freaking immature. During the game those people would start whooping in the stands. I thought I was on a Turkey hunt in Alabama. It sounded like 70,000 people calling turkeys. Heck I even got hungry for Turkey hearing all the gobbling. Then they would bend over like it was going to be a 70,000 people orgy in the stands. I was like OMG. And then the Aggies when they scored, got to kiss their gf's. Now thats not a bad one. If an Aggie fan reads this don't think I hate Aggie fans. I don't. The tradition their was an experience I'll never forget. I even attended yell practice at midnight wearing my Auburn attire. Truly amazing. 6th St in Austin is a must see after a game.

Best of luck to the Big 12 and SEC during the Bowl Season and may the best Big 12 and SEC teams play for the national title next year. :) Happy Holidays!!!

WARRRR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!

I agree completely the Big 10+1 is overrated...imo anyway...I hope Florida kills them just like they did in basketball yesterday...And yeah the Aggies have some weird traditions...this was caught in the middle of the A&M Tech game on TV...even the announcers were speechless...

22953sqeeeeeze.jpg

The sheep was added in after the fact using photo shop...Aggies are referred to as Sheep Lovers by some...

About other team's fans. I always try and treat other teams fans with a lot of respect because I have been to Texas games outside of Austin. Texas - OU in Dallas, Texas- Texas A&M in College Station, Texas Okie Light in Stillwater, Texas - Michigan in Pasadena, Texas - LSU in Dallas, and Texas - Arkansas in Dallas...So I have been there and if I want people to not say a bunch of horrible crap to me then I cant do it to other people either...

In our defense........that "one guy" does not belong to Husker Nation......Never the less.......thanks for the support....and I'll be cheering on the Horns as well

You dont have to defend him. I understand every single board has em, even Longhornnation and Hornfans. I am impressed with how fast he was dealt with though...

You dont have to defend him. I understand every single board has em, even Longhornnation and Hornfans. I am impressed with how fast he was dealt with though...

No Kiddin!! Our Mods F-ING ROCK!

I guess I will never understand rooting for a team that is one of our opponents. I don't believe in rooting for them just because we are in the same conference. <_<

I rooted for Texas once and that was in the Rose Bowl last year because I didn't want USC to have an argument that they were the best dynasties of all-time.

I can respect that for the same reason I respect those that do cheer for other teams. I personally like to pick a team to root for when i watch a game or go to a game. Gives me a little more personal interest in the game. And when it comes to Nebraska and Auburn, the easy choice is Nebraska because they are in the Big 12...But I do understand where you are coming from.

I am also cheering for the Aggies because they are playing a bunch of hippies (although the 2nd string running back for Cal went to my high school)

Even though they are in the Big 12 i hope the Smurf Broncos rip a new one in Oklahoma (not likely but hey what can ya do)

I don't know how it is in Arlington, but I'll tell you how it is around here in Omaha. In the mid to late 90s, everybody was a husker fan during football season and a Kansas Jayhawk fan during basketball season. Now since the Qwest center, it's NU football during football and Creighton during basketball season. Not all people are like that, but for a lot......"PICK A SIDE AND STAY THERE!!!!".

I don't know how it is in Arlington, but I'll tell you how it is around here in Omaha. In the mid to late 90s, everybody was a husker fan during football season and a Kansas Jayhawk fan during basketball season. Now since the Qwest center, it's NU football during football and Creighton during basketball season. Not all people are like that, but for a lot......"PICK A SIDE AND STAY THERE!!!!".

Its not really like that here. But we have our own issues here. For those that dont know, Arlington is right between Ft. Worth and Dallas and is the future home of the Dallas Cowboys. So there are many TCU fans here with them being located in Ft. Worth. There are also a ton of Baylor, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Texas and BlowU fans here. If you were to go to a sporting goods store you would see mainly Tech, A&M, Texas, BlowU, and TCU...so we have a lot of different fans here, which make the Texas-OU rivalry awesome because the game is played in Dallas. There are talks going on right now to have Tech-A&M played at the Cotton Bowl as well.

For the most part people stick to their teams. TCU fans and Baylor fans probably cheer for another school simply because they dont really compete in anything, with the exception of TCU football. Texas, Tech, A&M, and BlowU fans will never cheer for another one of those schools unless that win helps them or in bowl season for college football. However if Saddam Hussein put together a football team and played BlowU...hmm...i would pray for a meteorite to hit the stadium...

If you put it in order of the number of fans here i would say:

#1 Texas (a bunch of t-shirt fans)

#2 BlowU (same)

#3 A&M

#4 Tech

#5 TCU

#6 Baylor

#7 LSU

Its not really like that here. But we have our own issues here. For those that dont know, Arlington is right between Ft. Worth and Dallas and is the future home of the Dallas Cowboys. So there are many TCU fans here with them being located in Ft. Worth. There are also a ton of Baylor, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Texas and BlowU fans here. If you were to go to a sporting goods store you would see mainly Tech, A&M, Texas, BlowU, and TCU...so we have a lot of different fans here, which make the Texas-OU rivalry awesome because the game is played in Dallas. There are talks going on right now to have Tech-A&M played at the Cotton Bowl as well.

For the most part people stick to their teams. TCU fans and Baylor fans probably cheer for another school simply because they dont really compete in anything, with the exception of TCU football. Texas, Tech, A&M, and BlowU fans will never cheer for another one of those schools unless that win helps them or in bowl season for college football. However if Saddam Hussein put together a football team and played BlowU...hmm...i would pray for a meteorite to hit the stadium...

If you put it in order of the number of fans here i would say:

#1 Texas (a bunch of t-shirt fans)

#2 BlowU (same)

#3 A&M

#4 Tech

#5 TCU

#6 Baylor

#7 LSU

"blowU" = OU???????

:rollin:rollin