Solich interested in UNLV job

Guest Huskerboard

Guest Huskerboard
Former Nebraska head coach Frank Solich is interested in filling the soon-to-be vacant head coaching position at UNLV, his agent said Tuesday.

"Heck, yes, we're interested," Jack Mills was quoted in today's editions of the Las Vegas Review-Journal. "It's a matter of getting more information and seeing how interested they are in us, and seeing the opportunities that present themselves this season."

http://journalstar.com/articles/2004/09/29...94113561688.txt

I'm kind of surprised UNLV hasn't gone after Steve Spurrier. Seems like a good match - a guy that runs a wide open offense that draws both recruits and crowds. With his connections to the state of Florida, and his reputation in the nation, he could recruit in both Florida, the west coast and Texas.

I agree. I wonder if he would go there though. I'd like to see him go to notre dame.wow

I'm kind of surprised UNLV hasn't gone after Steve Spurrier.  Seems like a good match - a guy that runs a wide open offense that draws both recruits and crowds.  With his connections to the state of Florida, and his reputation in the nation, he could recruit in both Florida, the west coast and Texas.

I agree. I wonder if he would go there though. I'd like to see him go to notre dame.wow

Solich at Notre Dame. Now that would be weird.

Not so sure that Solich will even get a look at UNLV. Hamrick wants a wide open attack.

After tonight's game, maybe UNLV will want Callahan. Solich could then go back to Nebraska.

Seriously, Solich will end up with a great job, and do a mediocre job of managing the talent and retire in a few years. He's a great assistant, but head coaching isn't his forte.

As for Nebraska-Texas Tech, I'll post on that in another forum.

Still faithful to Scarlet and Cream,

Huskerebel

Snyder is the front runner in a race that hasn't begun. Hamrick will get his own guy from outside. Snyder is only at UNLV because of Robinson. I doubt he'll even get an interview.

UNLV looked pretty good last night, but the Huskers could still beat them like a poor child, even after tonight's performance.