TRUST

Instead of copying and pasting my quote 100 times, I've decided to start my own thread.

The word of the day is TRUST

The play(punt fake) worked. An excellent call, that took huge balls that possible could have went for big yardage with Shanle, great speed, had THE PLAYER caught it.

I love gutsy calls. He's a great head coach because he trusts and loves his players. He trusted his players to play the game without worrying about making mistakes. That's a great quality to have as a coach...TRUST!!!!!!!!Unfortunately, PLAYERS aren't perfect and sometime make mistakes. Life goes on.

If he worried his players would make mistakes all the time we would go .500 every year....gotta take chance and for the most part they worked all year.

I agree with what you say about the trust factor, but I am still not a fan of that call. It either shows balls or a lack of brains. If it works, the guy is ballsy, if it doesn't he is an idiot. The play was there, no question about it, but I am not sure that we needed to take that risk at that point in the game. However, like you say, the chances he has taken this year have seemingly all worked out minus that one play. I like the fact that Callahan isn't afraid to mix it up, I am just not a huge fan of the play call at that time. Perhaps that is why plays like that usually do work for this team, because they go against conventional wisdom. As far as I am concerned, Callahan can stay here as long as he likes. The change in philosophy, attitude, trust and camaraderie has evolved so much in the 3 seasons he has been here, that I am excited to see the upward trend continue.

Love the play. Can't go with the law of averages every time...or else you'll just be average.

Instead of copying and pasting my quote 100 times, I've decided to start my own thread.

The play(punt fake) worked. An excellent call, that took huge balls that possible could have went for big yardage with Shanle, great speed, had THE PLAYER caught it.

I love gutsy calls. He's a great head coach because he trusts and loves his players. He trusted his players to play the game without worrying about making mistakes. That's a great quality to have as a coach...TRUST!!!!!!!!Unfortunately, PLAYERS aren't perfect and sometime make mistakes. Life goes on.

If he worried his players would make mistakes all the time we would go .500 every year....gotta take chance and for the most part they worked all year.

From Callahan's quote today about us "not yet being top 10" it doesn't seem that he trusts his players. And with the amount of players he has alienated from both Oakland and NU you may not want to say that he is universally loved by his players either.

His players have to trust him, and if he keeps making dumbass calls like this, they won't.

First of all, Paul Thompson didn't hand the ball over to Boise St. Boise St. FORCED the turnovers. So with that moronic statment you made you obviously know NOTHING about football.

If Boise's winning the last few years has more to do with coaching then talent why wasn't the Almighty Dan Hawkins able to win with what he had at CU? Did he change his coaching style?

To steal a line from many of the Husker faithful, Hawkins had only had one year. He doesn't have his players. It's a 180 degree turn around.........(YAWN)

First of all, Paul Thompson didn't hand the ball over to Boise St. Boise St. FORCED the turnovers. So with that moronic statment you made you obviously know NOTHING about football.

If Boise's winning the last few years has more to do with coaching then talent why wasn't the Almighty Dan Hawkins able to win with what he had at CU? Did he change his coaching style?

To steal a line from many of the Husker faithful, Hawkins had only had one year. He doesn't have his players. It's a 180 degree turn around.........(YAWN)

But "Great" Coaches adjust to the talent they have not try and push their system to prove a point. They are also able to win with average talent because "Great" coaching trumps average talent.....(YAWN)

From Callahan's quote today about us "not yet being top 10" it doesn't seem that he trusts his players. And with the amount of players he has alienated from both Oakland and NU you may not want to say that he is universally loved by his players either.

His players have to trust him, and if he keeps making dumbass calls like this, they won't.

That's just being realistic. Film doesn't lie. When the players see what they could have had on the play it all makes sense.

I like Billy C what he is and will do with the program. That being said

and with this so called trust thing. Did he not TRUST Lucky to get one

freaking yard. Did he not TRUST Taylor to throw the ball once or twice

on the second to last series when we were driving. Did he not TRUST

Cogdon to at least attempt a feild goal on that same series. Just a few

thoughts I would throw out there.

I am not bashing Billy C. what so ever.

Go Big Red!!!!!!!