PLEASE DONT FIRE CALLAHAN

all of the fire callahan people. YOU ARE CRAZY, and here is why. Solich ran us into the ground, he didnt recruit athletes. our cupboard was bare when he left.

1. Defense - Greene, Grixby, Shanle, Ruud, Mckeon, Bradley, Moore, Carriker, Cryer - all Solich guys.

Defense 07 - Asante(upgrade), Bowman(upgrade), Murillo(upgrade), Dillard(upgrade), hopefully Octo(upgrade), Turner(equal to Moore IMO) Suh(upgrade over cryer), Thenarse over Green maybe hopefully(would be an upgrade) - All Callahan guys

2. Offense - Taylor while a saint for our program, average at best, was what we had and needed for transition to WCO. the line all young and improving, Purify(a stud that will get better), Petersen and swift just ok, the RB very good and will be better next year.

Offense 07 - Keller/Lee (definite upgrades), Henry(will be a stud)Holt,Paul,Brooks(all upgrades over swift,petersen,and nunn), The line will be better and add Burkes and Three stud RS Frosh look out - the point on offense is these are now all Callahan players.

As Husker fans we all expect the best, however, it takes time to get what you need. We got Swift and Nunn and Taylor and others on short notice. They helped us get to where we are at today. over the last 2 years Cally and Co. have really hit the recruiting trail and we are now loaded with talent. REMEMBER 3 YEARS AGO WE LACKED TALENT NOW WE ARE LOADED.

Coaches can only do as much as their talent allows. Coaches also recruit and if YOU THINK RUNNING OFF AND FINDING ANOTHER COACH IS THE ANSWER, you are mistaken. Cally is puttin together a team that is loaded with talent. You cannot, as a coach, rebuild in 3 short years.

If next year we go 9-5, i may then start to change my tune but until it is proven that Cally cannot win with real talent you naysayers should just shut your trap. What Cally has done in the 3 years he has been here is truly awesome. WE COULD STILL HAVE SOLICH FOR GODS SAKE.

I truly believe next year is the true turning point in the system. There are very few coaches, especially solich, that could have put together a class like we have for next year.

Finally, I have a great Idea. All you fire Cally nutjobs, get off this site, go to ohiobobcatfootball.com and start posting there. YOU DONT DESERVE TO CALL YOURSELVES A PART OF.....................HUSKER NATION

Nobody is saying that Solich was better or to bring him back , but if you're happy with Callahans coaching this year then you must be happy with mediocrity. He lost 3 games for us this season with his crappy play calling. USC , Texas and Auburn.

I'll give you the USC game was "crappy play calling" but how do you figure the Texas game was lost based on "crappy game calling"?

I may be doing the "what if" thing , but the pass that Nunn fumbled on was what I was refering to. I wish he had kept it on the ground.If we didnt get the first , with the punt , atleast we would have made them have to drive the length of the field to win the game.

How do you know that we even get the punt off. Texas had an outstanding punt block team this year, and could have very easily have blocked the kick and took it in for a touchdown. Plus, we could have very well had fumbled the football on a running play just as easily as Nunn fumbled on the pass reception that would have netted us a first down to win the game.

all of the fire callahan people. YOU ARE CRAZY, and here is why. Solich ran us into the ground, he didnt recruit athletes. our cupboard was bare when he left.

1. Defense - Greene, Grixby, Shanle, Ruud, Mckeon, Bradley, Moore, Carriker, Cryer - all Solich guys.

Defense 07 - Asante(upgrade), Bowman(upgrade), Murillo(upgrade), Dillard(upgrade), hopefully Octo(upgrade), Turner(equal to Moore IMO) Suh(upgrade over cryer), Thenarse over Green maybe hopefully(would be an upgrade) - All Callahan guys

2. Offense - Taylor while a saint for our program, average at best, was what we had and needed for transition to WCO. the line all young and improving, Purify(a stud that will get better), Petersen and swift just ok, the RB very good and will be better next year.

Offense 07 - Keller/Lee (definite upgrades), Henry(will be a stud)Holt,Paul,Brooks(all upgrades over swift,petersen,and nunn), The line will be better and add Burkes and Three stud RS Frosh look out - the point on offense is these are now all Callahan players.

As Husker fans we all expect the best, however, it takes time to get what you need. We got Swift and Nunn and Taylor and others on short notice. They helped us get to where we are at today. over the last 2 years Cally and Co. have really hit the recruiting trail and we are now loaded with talent. REMEMBER 3 YEARS AGO WE LACKED TALENT NOW WE ARE LOADED.

Coaches can only do as much as their talent allows. Coaches also recruit and if YOU THINK RUNNING OFF AND FINDING ANOTHER COACH IS THE ANSWER, you are mistaken. Cally is puttin together a team that is loaded with talent. You cannot, as a coach, rebuild in 3 short years.

If next year we go 9-5, i may then start to change my tune but until it is proven that Cally cannot win with real talent you naysayers should just shut your trap. What Cally has done in the 3 years he has been here is truly awesome. WE COULD STILL HAVE SOLICH FOR GODS SAKE.

I truly believe next year is the true turning point in the system. There are very few coaches, especially solich, that could have put together a class like we have for next year.

Finally, I have a great Idea. All you fire Cally nutjobs, get off this site, go to ohiobobcatfootball.com and start posting there. YOU DONT DESERVE TO CALL YOURSELVES A PART OF.....................HUSKER NATION

i would just like to say that the biggest reason not to fire BC is that he has only been here three years and he hasn't done a horrible job thus far. 8-4 Alamo Bowl followed by a 9-5 Cotton bowl and North champions isn't terrible, at worst i'd call it average. If this level is so unacceptable for a new coach that he is fired prematurely, what kind of message does that send to potential candidates around the nation about the expectations at NU?

I'm not sure if BC is the guy or not. However, I've not seen anything to convince he cannot succeed here. Money is just as good other places, as is the facilities, and recruiting is often easier. I think it's very important that we show coaches around the nation that NU will give a guy time and a fair chance to succeed.

With the parody in college football these days it is very difficult to bring a program out of the dark and back to dominance. even look at usc who has outstanding recruiting classes. they have been up there but have only won 1 national title in recent years. is anyone calling for pete carrols head when he is expected to compete for a national title every year... no. he is a great cfb coach but i dont think again with the parody that you can b*tch at callahan for not returning us to dominance yet

It's parity. Parody is an imitation done for comic effect.

Nobody is saying that Solich was better or to bring him back , but if you're happy with Callahans coaching this year then you must be happy with mediocrity. He lost 3 games for us this season with his crappy play calling. USC , Texas and Auburn.

Take USC out of the equation, player execution in those loses was the issue, not the play calling.

I'm not saying fire callahan or bring Solich back. But the Solich excuse is just that an excuse and nothing more.

First of all referring to the post made clear at the top about letting someone else call the plays and that Carrol does it.....Carrol does it because he is a defensive minded head coach....thats what he is known for....Callahan is known for being an offensive genious.....he might need a little time to get more adjusted t the college game but once again that will come with time....as far as Solich being an excuse it would be the same thing as telling a team like Grambling, hey go compete with the best in the nation, having less quality players doesnt matter you should win anyway. That post makes NO sense. A good 75-80% of our team was the worst talent Nebraska has probably ever seen. Do you expect a genie to appear with Callahan and magically give us All-Americans at every position?

Still we only lost 3 games with the "worst talent Nebraska has probably ever seen". They wern't as bad as people remember.

I also think those names mentioned not recruited by this staff gave us some great effort and play. Husker fans should be proud of those guys seeing how much they went through with all the staff changes and such. Especially the Blackshirts. Some of them seen 3 different coordinators.

Bottomline though. So far this staff has been okay. Problem is... okay doesn't cut it for long around here. Fans around here demand better than just okay. Wasn't good enough with the last staff and a season or 2 more of just okay with issues or 4 and 5 losses and the HC will be faced with the same sentiments the last HC was faced with. Its just the nature of the beast.

So this staff will need to get this thing better than just okay. They have 3 yrs to do it and the talent issue (which I find a silly argument in the first place) and its going to take time arguments ... they just won't fly anymore.

Here's to a Big Red scoring explosion in 07. (Ahhh now there's the real problem... we just don't put very many points on the board versus good competition).

This is exactly what I have been saying. Callahan will not get fired if he keeps winning 9 and 10 games against the competition he is playing. If there are signs that we are getting better and getting great talent then he wont get fired. Its not just a matter of ooo your not winning the national championship youre fired. That wasnt the case with Solich and thats not the case here. Im telling you Callahan is here to stay if he keeps bringing in great talent and wins 9 or 10 games.

I'm not sure if BC is the guy or not. However, I've not seen anything to convince he cannot succeed here. Money is just as good other places, as is the facilities, and recruiting is often easier. I think it's very important that we show coaches around the nation that NU will give a guy time and a fair chance to succeed.

I agree:

See: Alabama

See: '87-92'- Nebraska Football.

:nutz