Vote on the Solich situation

What is your overall opinion of the change?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I guess since none of us are going to change anything, we may as well assess the damage. What do you think, how many steps do we have to take backward to regain what we had? Do you think it will take years to recover? :(

Championships are the ultimate cure; will Husker Nation forgive Steve the moment our glory is restored, or is he digging his own grave? I wonder what the shelf life is on a fascist AD that doesnt live up to the very precedent that he set!?! :blink:

Blackshirt

:ph34r:

You are right, arguing on the situation doesn't do anything. I am not sure if this was

the right move, but time will tell. Like I said before, what's done is done and we

have to live with it now.

Knowing most people and how they react, if a championship of any kind is brought

to NU under Peterson, all will be forgiven. It seems the attitude of most average

Husker fans recently is "What have you done for me lately?". Jamal Lord is an

excellent example.

Fascist is a little harsh......

The post above is mine, I forgot to log in! DOH! :)

I would also like to add that firing someone in the public spotlight is hard. The

rumors that were started certainly did not help the situation and I think it was handled

the best way considering the situation.

I agree that fans in general, and husker fans arent exempt to this, are somewhat fickle. Its the way of the world. So yes, if he brings in a champinoship, most will be forgiven. But only if this is done w/in a SHORT period of time. Pederson painted himself into a corner w/ this move, and he may not even have time to wait for the paint to dry. like blackshirt said, he set this precedent, now he has to lie in it.

I disagree that it was handled the best that it could have. yes the situation was a difficult one, but guess what, pederson did this to himself. overall it was a debacle, b/c he deceived everyone and got away w/ it, and he has done it again by saying/implying Gill and the others are safe. of course he doesnt want their blood on his hands also, b/c hacking one Husker legend in one week is one too many for a 1st yr AD. plus he knows the impact it would have on the recruits if they knew all the others were in jeopardy too. he knows damn well that Gill wont come back, and why should he after getting smacked in the face when he usurped him with Pelini.

I say pederdick put himself here, b/c I am of the belief that those "3 sources close to the program" were NOT fictitious. nor was the LJS out of line. As bad of a paper as the Lincoln Urinal can be, they nailed this one, and like one of the other posters said, they have been absolved. they reported the story, plain and simple, albeit a week before it was supposed to break. but that is just smart journalism. So you better believe pederson indicated the change to boosters. I dont give a rip if he didnt "directly" make his plans public, the innuendos and hints were obviously more than enuf.

And why anybody would believe a guy in pederson's situation is beyond me. the guy has everything to lose by being exposed. He is a big business tycoon, who's definition of integrity is whether or not he got caught doing it. He has already lied to the faces of Husker nation, not to mention the coaches and the players, and no one should think that it wont continue, until it either breaks him or he comes up golden. He's a gambler. you can see it. if this were vegas he'd be playing roulette with all his chips on husker red 13, b/c if this new coach doesnt produce NOW, pederson might as well fire himself, b/c Husker nation will be ALL OVER HIM. We owe it to Solich to watch over the program, and not lay down for this honk.

Bottom line, my theory is this: Pederson purposely dropped the hints of his plans for Solich to boosters, knowing that they would remain anoyomous, and he wouldnt be directly tied to these statements. he wanted them to go public with them, to gauge solich's reaction. What did he have to lose? And many will say "alot, look what happened" I say to this, nothing more happened than would have naturally, other than a few extra days of speculation.

The worst scenario was that he would have to fire solich. and YES he was getting whacked the day after the CU game no matter if the story broke or not, just like the LJS said. He wouldnt have waited any longer-it would have just hurt the program more.

The best case would have been that Solich recognized (which he did) that the rumors had credence, and he stepped down on his own w/out pederson being held accountable. You could tell Solich knew what was coming - based on the speech by Ron Brown at last week's big red breakfast (see post in this forum for quotes), but he wanted to make pederson grow a pair and do it himself, hoping it would end up making him look like an ass, which it did. Hence Pederson's scramble for damage control by spinning the situation and claiming a conspiracy by Solich backers and the LJS. Perlman drops in a cute little analogy of the stupid flippin broken clock, and bada bing bada boom, a perfect gloss no one saw coming, and diabolical and intriguing enough to make people that enjoy a good dramatic twist to EVERYTHING, eat it up. (as I obviously do too) When really pederson and most likely perlman were colluding to remove Solich the "easy" way.

I know thats a lot to accept, but that is my theory dammit! plus it actually even sounds like it could be true. <_< coming from a cut-throat corporate america environment, ive seen more bizarre things happen for the sake of the GR$$N. even if some RED is sacrificed. (hey that was a pretty good close!) ;)

PI in the box B)