Mikki Moore

cmb23

I know the amount of interest on this board for basketball is minimal. Even worse for NBA. But in case ANYONE watches or pays attention, Mikki Moore is having the best season of his journeyman career. Name a team...he's probably played for them whether it was a 10-day contract or brought in for depth for half a season.

He has been on the roster and seen time in nearly every game this season for the NJ Nets. In the end of December, starting center Cliff Robinson, injured his knee and Moore was named the starter. In his last 4 games he is averaging over 14 points and 8 rebounds a game. To top it off, in those games he is 24-32...75% from the field.

Just a little love for a former NEE-brasketball player.

I know the amount of interest on this board for basketball is minimal. Even worse for NBA. But in case ANYONE watches or pays attention, Mikki Moore is having the best season of his journeyman career. Name a team...he's probably played for them whether it was a 10-day contract or brought in for depth for half a season.

He has been on the roster and seen time in nearly every game this season for the NJ Nets. In the end of December, starting center Cliff Robinson, injured his knee and Moore was named the starter. In his last 4 games he is averaging over 14 points and 8 rebounds a game. To top it off, in those games he is 24-32...75% from the field.

Just a little love for a former NEE-brasketball player.

I remember seeing him and hearing his name one night when I was half asleep watching SportsCenter. So he either had to do something good, or got schooled on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Mikki is holding his own in the playoffs!!!

Not only that, he is making a name for himself. He has had 20+ 2-3 times and consistently been hitting the offensive glass hard and getting putbacks and easy buckets. He may just stick around.

Unfortunately for him, I think its the byproduct of playing with one of the best point guards of all time in Jason Kidd. He's the kind of player that makes everyone around him better. Mikki Moore led the league in field goal percentage this season - largely because Kidd was always getting him set up for dunks.

But hey, if he can contribute to a playoff team and create a niche for himself in New Jersey or somewhere else then good for him.

Unfortunately for him, I think its the byproduct of playing with one of the best point guards of all time in Jason Kidd. He's the kind of player that makes everyone around him better. Mikki Moore led the league in field goal percentage this season - largely because Kidd was always getting him set up for dunks.

But hey, if he can contribute to a playoff team and create a niche for himself in New Jersey or somewhere else then good for him.

Amazing how pretty the simple pick 'n roll is when executed properly. Kidd and Mikki do it pretty well. I never liked them much, but the play should be re-named the Stockton and Malone. Nash and Stoudamire are the best at running it right now.

Amazing how pretty the simple pick 'n roll is when executed properly. Kidd and Mikki do it pretty well. I never liked them much, but the play should be re-named the Stockton and Malone. Nash and Stoudamire are the best at running it right now.

I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure that Mikki lead the entire NBA in field goal percentage this year.

I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure that Mikki lead the entire NBA in field goal percentage this year.

I think Mikki was among the leaders in FG% this season. :lol: