richie not with oregon

Benard

He was a Duck, he wasn't a Duck.

In one week, the story has changed on Richie Incognito, and now the embattled former Nebraska lineman is looking for another school.

Oregon Coach Mike Bellotti told reporters Monday that Incognito did not meet conditions that the coach required and would not be a member of the football team. Bellotti said Incognito was never officially on the squad and that he was enrolled in school only.

When Bellotti announced that Incognito was enrolled at Oregon last week, he said "a very strict code of conduct" would be set for the All-Big 12 center to be able to play in 2005. Bellotti declined to say Monday what conditions weren't met.

The Register-Guard in Eugene reported in today's editions that Incognito was denied a spot on the team last Thursday, three days after classes started.

richie

He was a Duck, he wasn't a Duck.

In one week, the story has changed on Richie Incognito, and now the embattled former Nebraska lineman is looking for another school.

Oregon Coach Mike Bellotti told reporters Monday that Incognito did not meet conditions that the coach required and would not be a member of the football team. Bellotti said Incognito was never officially on the squad and that he was enrolled in school only.

When Bellotti announced that Incognito was enrolled at Oregon last week, he said "a very strict code of conduct" would be set for the All-Big 12 center to be able to play in 2005. Bellotti declined to say Monday what conditions weren't met.

The Register-Guard in Eugene reported in today's editions that Incognito was denied a spot on the team last Thursday, three days after classes started.

richie

What a surprise. A coach doesn't want a trouble maker.

He'll just go to the pros now where I felt he should of went anyways. Heard a rumor he didn't make it because of steroids but that it just a rumor.

I don't know how many pro coaches will want to mess around with him. There are probally a few that would take the gamble. But young teams will probally shy away from him so that they don't have the distraction in the club house.

He'll just go to the pros now where I felt he should of went anyways.  Heard a rumor he didn't make it because of steroids but that it just a rumor.

I don't know how many pro coaches will want to mess around with him. There are probally a few that would take the gamble. But young teams will probally shy away from him so that they don't have the distraction in the club house.

There's alot worse freaks in the nfl now then richie. Richie will be a priest compared to some. I don't know if you have watched training camps but they have fights all the time and it really isn't a huge deal. Also, did you watch 60 mintues the other day with bill parcells? He said he's had players throw their jersey in his face, and others one's take swings at him. They stayed on the team and said it wasn't a big deal. Nfl is different compared to college.

He'll just go to the pros now where I felt he should of went anyways.  Heard a rumor he didn't make it because of steroids but that it just a rumor.

There's alot worse freaks in the nfl now then richie. Richie will be a priest compared to some. I don't know if you have watched training camps but they have fights all the time and it really isn't a huge deal. Also, did you watch 60 mintues the other day with bill parcells? He said he's had players throw their jersey in his face, and others one's take swings at him. They stayed on the team and said it wasn't a big deal. Nfl is different compared to college.

Of course, there are a lot more fights in training camp. There is no way that Richie is going to be a saint when he is in there though. Pro football is a lot about politics, I don't think that Richie will get drafted or at least not very high, so he will have to go out there and flat out beat every other lineman that is there, and even then, he is not a shoe in. He is going to have to be one mean S.O.B. and that means that he will probally be getting in to quite a few fights.

you all need to get over this.

1- richie is a cancer for teams - i think its been pretyt well documented - if an Orgeon wont even take a chance with a perennial all american - comeon lets get real here - hes a headcase

2- yes he will probly do well in the nfl - why, b/c freaks rule the nfl - and you have to be one to survive - so the nfl is the best place for him

3 - im apathetic about his succes or failure in the nfl - as all real NU fans should be - he was an absolute MESS for our program, and if you say otherwise you need to remove your head. however I dont wish him any ill will. he was what he was. lets just accept that and move on for good. :flush

thank you good night. :waste

I wouldn't say he was an absolute mess for our progam. Thats a bit of an overstatement in my opinion. I think the main reason he was let go by oregon is that people were pressuring belotti about the decision to let him play so belotti just decided to be done with it.

As a coach, it's better to cut out the cancer, which Bill did and Oregon complied with.

As for his future, Incognito better learn something here. He's a talented OL who could start on Sunday for many teams right now. Sure he's a flake, sure he's a bad ass in the clubhouse. Talent on the field is talent, and pro coaches want very much to hold their jobs. Someone will invest in him, he'll make a ton of money and Nebraska won't get any credit from him. Who cares? We want talent not trouble. Devaney, Osborne, Solich and Callahan had and have to have team chemistry. Dealing with malcontents like Richie is a distraction for the coaches and team alike.

I had a similar situation and it almost killed me. Nebraska's program and discipline in the program will grow because of Richie's absence and their handing of it.

Redout,

I am not a big coach, I have coached youths through HS age in baseball and basketball, and even dabbled in adult league hoop coaching.

Any coach at any level knows that team chemistry and discipline are huge issues.

Callahan did the right thing, and Richie knows it.

I currently coach MS hoops in LV NV.

Redout,

I am not a big coach, I have coached youths through HS age in baseball and basketball, and even dabbled in adult league hoop coaching.

Any coach at any level knows that team chemistry and discipline are huge issues.

Callahan did the right thing, and Richie knows it.

I currently coach MS hoops in LV NV.

yeah if we would have had richie and his distraction we would have lost by 80 instead of 60.lol Callahan might need to worry alil more about coaching then kicking off your best player.

If they took a chance on LP, they'll take a chance on him.