I cant find

Lets move Niles Paul to linebacker, hes being brought here to play wide receiver but hes fast so I want him at linebacker! I think that would be best for the team.

Hey, husker1, learn how to use the edit button. If you think of another one of your ridiculous comments that you would like to add, and if I have not yet responded, then you don’t have to keep adding posts. Just click edit and add it to your first nonsensical, unintelligible, aimless, diatribe.

Also california husker genious, are you denying that the SAM linebacker has to take on the tight end and has to be a little stronger than a WILL linebacker. I am not saying they have to be twice the size but they do have to be able to shed blocks and every time I have seen Mceon he is outrunning them to the ball rather than taking them head on, I remember Callahan saying that he considered Bradley to be almost an extra defensive lineman bc he was on the line so much. I am sure you have already talked to Callahan about that and told him what he should do, I dont know why you werent contacted for the head coaching job before he was, you are sooo smart :sarcasm

Husker 1 I’ve tried to refrain but you leave me no choice. First of all SLB does not have to be any bigger or stronger than a WLB its just the way you play the position.Jamel Williams was smaller than Terrell Farley and by their sr. year Tony Ortiz was smaller than Eric Johnson so size is not the most important thing. But…all that is irrelevant being that McKeon plays MLB and by the way the SLB may take on blocks from the TE but the MLB is taking on blocks from the C,G and FB, I think McKeon can take on a block.

Also you and your little buddies keep arguing that Asante is not moving to LB he was brought here to play S. I don’t recall myself or anyone else saying anyone was changing positions, please read my post before you argue with me, for the last time all I am simply saying is IF(key word was IF) the coaches wanted to move Asante or Culbert they would not have to put on weight I believe landonhusker has already pointed that out.

california husker, nice comment and Ill keep that in mind next time I post, also if they are so ridiculous why no comment back? Let me guess, they are so ridiculous you have nothing to say to them? 951 huskers, I was agreeing with you in the beginning, maybe if you read my post you would see that I said I am all about quick, aggressive linebackers. Yes I do recall someone saying that they think asante should move to linebacker. I was saying that I have heard Callahan and Asante both talk about how he is going to play safety. Also that is what I was saying about how when I have watched mceon he is always outrunning or ducking under the blockers and not taking them head on. That is just what I have seen, if you have seen something different that would make you think that he could take on blockers better than dillard then great, I have seen nothing to tell me that. Everyone keeps talking about Farley and all these guys from the mid 90's, well do I really need to tell you guys that we no longer run the same defense that we did back then? We no longer have the same d-coordinator that we had back then. Yes, obviously it worked back then and would work now as well. In this defense, the SAM linebacker is taking on a lot of blocks and needs to shed them, so yes they need to be a little stronger, I didnt say bigger.

I dont know why we would move Asante anywhere but Safety. That is why he was brought here, to fill Shanles spot and give it a whole new look this next year. Im not sure why everyone is saying move mceon to strong side bc if anyone pays attention he is not one to take on contact he more or less outruns the lineman or will duck under them to make the tackle. He is what about 230 lbs. I dont think he is big enough or strong enough to take over the strong side. On top of that he has been learning the MIKE spot for three years now and has done a good job. Dillard is a much better prospect to take over the strong side. He is about 240-250 lbs. and stronger than Mceon. The coaches were also saying that they were looking to get him some time there last year anyway. I think we have five capable linebackers next year, not counting the freshmen or Covey. I would be willing to bet the lineup will go something like this (unless something unexpected happens, such as a freshman stepping up, brandenburgh stepping up, or covey stepping up)

WLB: Octavian, Rudd

MIKE: Mceon, Brandenburgh

SAM: Dillard, Brandenburgh

sorry dude you did say bigger

And we've never agreed because as bad as I believe Cosgrove is there is no system in the world that is designed for the MLB to duck and run away from blocks

Also you said you recall someone saying they think Asante SHOULD play LB, that would be an opinion so there is no need for you to keep telling us he’s playing S. Like I said no one said anyone WAS changing positions they said they think he should play LB.

Well he didnt design a defense that has shanle miss tackle after tackle and pass defleciton after pass deflection either but he seemed to do that. I am not comparing Mceon to Shanle by any means bc that wouldnt be right I am just saying, it happens. Also you said that people were saying that he should play linebacker, I am giving you reasons why he shouldnt. Also 951 huskers, what makes you think that Mceon will switch positions after starting there for two years and did a good job? Im not trying to stir things up that was an honest curious question.

Well he didnt design a defense that has shanle miss tackle after tackle and pass defleciton after pass deflection either but he seemed to do that. I am not comparing Mceon to Shanle by any means bc that wouldnt be right I am just saying, it happens. Also you said that people were saying that he should play linebacker, I am giving you reasons why he shouldnt. Also 951 huskers, what makes you think that Mceon will switch positions after starting there for two years and did a good job? Im not trying to stir things up that was an honest curious question.

Once again your putting words in my mouth .I never said McKeon is going to be moved to outside, what I'm saying is that in almost every defensive system the MLB is the most physical of the group(ours included) because they are constantly taking on blocks by O-linemen and FB's coming through the line with a head of steam. For some reason you are convinced that being a OLB requires more strength and size than ILB and that couldn't be further from the truth. I know Bradley was bigger than McKeon and he played OLB but maybe it was because of his speed or maybe he was not physical enough to play in the middle. Like I said I not saying he's changing but if he isn't it has nothing to do with him not being physical enough to play outside.

california husker, nice comment and Ill keep that in mind next time I post, also if they are so ridiculous why no comment back? Let me guess, they are so ridiculous you have nothing to say to them?

Apparently you seem determined to prolong this little exchange. What I see as the problem here is that you are under the misimpression that you have pinned some sort of profound polemic that offers no occasion for rebuttal. The unfortunate actuality however is that you have fashioned some sort of discursive construction, that, were one to accept as truth, one would have to momentarily suspend reality and accept the imagined nexus between your proposals and the actual. Rather than presenting a sound position with a clear telos, you chose to offer up prose riddled with vicissitudes. You blindly accept the current, refusing to accept the entropy that is inherent within. I for one am not happy and will not be until the status quo, which is unacceptable, has been changed. When it gets down to it that is the source this debate. I feel that a change in leadership is the only way the current situation can be ameliorated. To be honest, I am not sure what you think, it is impossible to discern from your incoherent ramblings.