Florida recruit now ?????

December 2, 2003

Adams Lists Spartans Number One

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rick Shaw

Huskers Illustrated

Rivals.com

Sirdarean Adams

... the Florida blue-chipper refocuses his attention on recruiting. He has already taken official visits to both Michigan State and Nebraska.

“Both Nebraska and Michigan State were great visits,” Adams said. “I don’t have anything bad to say about either one of them. I had them tied for the lead...until I found out Coach Solich of Nebraska was let go this weekend.”

“I’m unsure about Nebraska now. I’m not really sure if I’ll still consider them now. I know Coach Solich wanted me really bad. I like Coach Pelini and Coach Albin...who are recruiting me. I’ll just have to wait and see who they hire on as the new coach.”

Adams said he is also considering Miami, Georgia, and Ohio State.

“I go to Ohio State on January 9 and to Georgia on January 26,” Adams said.

Adams said he’d give the current recruiting edge to the Spartans of Michigan State but admits that things could change as the recruiting process continues to evolve.

Oh crap,

Eric "the Red"

Sounds like we've lost him. This quote from him via the Omaha World Herald also concerned me:

"Oh, man," Adams said. "I don't even know what to say. That's real surprising. Coach Solich is the one who made me think about going to Nebraska, but I don't know right now. I liked all the coaches, but Coach Solich was the main one."

A post from TX Husker in another forum that I thought would be good to post here too:

Carl Pelini is already having a kick ass impact on the recruiting year so it will only get better if he gets a staff position under Bo. The "Fab Four" from Florida are all visiting Lincoln on 12/12 and a coach is supposed to be in place before then. Rumor has it all of them are good possibilities with Pelini/Rathman so stay tuned. Bo was in Houston today working on Nunn and Webster Patrick.

This "fab four" TX speaks of are fromTallahasee and all attend the same school I believe. Apparently they werent very interested until they heard that Pelini may be the new coach. The Bros Pelini are a huge draw for young kids with their NFL hook, and if we land Rathman, this will also help. I think that has been one of our biggest deficiencies lately - not attracting the marquee I Backs - Rathman will improve this drastically.

This is gettin good... :)

Im pretty excited about al this. if nothing else we are in the news a lot lately. I dont agree that no publicity can be bad, but I do think that all this "Huskertalk" has had us on the minds of people lately, including recruits. And the resounding message is that we want to WIN no matter what. Kids like that. And so do I!! : )