Video game recommendations

i'm thinking of finally picking up one of the current generation's game consoles. most likely the xbox 360. any advice on the best games that are out? generally i like sports games, driving games, and war games (strategy or first person shooter) in that order. i'm not a huge fan of what i'll call kung fu games, first person shooters with a science fiction edge, etc. i don't have a lot of time to play games, and will usually only be able to devote an hour or for each session. so i'll never master a lot of complicated sports games (madden, etc) or finish most adventure games. any advice for good games that fit this profile?

thanks.

Any of the Call of Duty games are fantastic. I have all of them for PS2 and I could play those for hours. Of course your going to want to get NCAA football 07 because that is a must for any Husker fan. I would also suggest maybe the SOCOM U.S. Navy Seals games. I don't have an Xbox 360, but if these games are good on PS2 they are fantastic on Xbox 360.

i have a 360 and its pretty neat. i know u said you dont like games with a sci-fi edge, but Gears of War is one of the funnest games i have ever played, and it is a must-have for any 360 owner. ive played video games for over 20 years on every contraption ever invented, and im tellin you, Gears of War for the 360 is awesome.

Rainbow Six Vegas is fun too, and its a tactical shooter, which from your own description would be up your alley.

Full Auto is really fun, its Need For Speed except with machine guns, missiles, mines, cannons, and more jumps.

The Outfit is ok, its a WWII game that has a battlefield 1942 feel to it, except its 3rd person but dont let that deter you. its very cheap, ive seen used copies for 15-20 bucks

any other questions feel free to ask.