Regionals

I have grave concerns about whether we can make the regionals this year. We are sitting at 19 wins with some 24 games remaining in the regular season. Most experts say you need 40 wins to get into the regionals.

The best case senerio that I see is us winning 16 of the next 24. The is would include winning the series from Texas, Coastal, Baylor, and Kansas not to mention the next 2 from Creighton. It would also include winning on game at Oklahoma this weekend, and beating Iowa.

This is a huge undertaking and with no consistent pitching except from Watson at this point I think winning 16 is more then we can expect unless something changes.

Any other thoughts I thought I was pretty generous with giving wins over the next 24 games.

I agree with you on best case scenario...looking at it now. Sometimes teams get hot with no real rhyme or reason. Winning this past series may have been the spark needed to get this season going. I think 16-8 down the stretch and a good showing in the big 12 will be all it takes.