Anyone going to Wake Forest Game?

Hi all,

Is anyone here going to the Wake Forest Game? I just acquired tickets yesterday... Im very excited.. its only 7 hours from my home.. so i HAVE to make the roady!!! :)

Questions for all of you... How many of us are "N" and plan on being there? Will anyone be having a tailgatae that maybe a wayward couple of NU fans could stop by so we wont feel alone? :)

Anyone ever been to Winston Salem, been around the campus can suggest anything to go view. I have got my hotel already..so that is set...got tickets..so thats set... just wanted to see if anyone else was excited about going?

I will be at the Wake Forest game as well. I have kind of a dillemma though. I will be going up and staying at my fraternity's alpha house up there and will get a student pass to go to the game. Apparently though, in the Wake Forest student section, anyone can be kicked out for "bothering" people in the stands. I have been informed that this will include wearing red, cheering when the huskers do something well, or anything related to Nebraska killing Wake. Being that this is my first Nebraska game, should I just bite the bullet and pay for a real ticket for a real experience or go through with this? Regardless of what I end up doing, I will be tailgating with the Chi Psis at Wake if anyone is interested.

Tom

P.S. We had better destroy them because I am skipping the UGA vs. Steve Spurrier (aka South Carolina) game fir this!

UGA...my recommendation is stick with your student tickets...i find that is pretty rare that if your respectful anyone would kick you out for cheering..long as its in the realm of good sportsmanship and non-impaired rambling. I know i try to make "friends" with people as soon as i get there and have some good natured ribbing back and forth.. but always shake their hand before and after the game. I wouldnt worry too much.

My friend and myself were looking for a tailgate gathering where we would be welcomed by other NU faithful in case the crowd WAS hostile...but i think NU will have a good showing there..only 31,500 seats but i bet we have at least 10,000 there at the game, maybe that is on the low side.

jauken,

I've though about going, but had heard Wake put a hold on ticket sales to slow down Husker fans from eating them up. Only selling season tickets or something like that. Where did you get your tickets?

And if you don't mind me asking, how much did they cost you?

jauken,

I've though about going, but had heard Wake put a hold on ticket sales to slow down Husker fans from eating them up. Only selling season tickets or something like that. Where did you get your tickets?

And if you don't mind me asking, how much did they cost you?

Madcat,

I probably overpaid.but i got 2 tickets for 172.. about 86 a ticket... bought from a season ticket holder... i MIGHT have a line on 2 more...but i wont know until WF lets me know if im a season ticket holder....im not in NU..so might have a chance on those tix

I'm hoping to make the trip down.

Unfortunately, I'm not dishing out for season tickets to Wake -- so I'm hoping single game tickets will be available. Either that, or I'll get there early for the scalpers. :)

But heck, if anyone has a couple of seats they want to sell, I'll be more than happy to take them at a reasonable price.

Unfortunately, I'm not dishing out for season tickets to Wake -- so I'm hoping single game tickets will be available. Either that, or I'll get there early for the scalpers. :)

But heck, if anyone has a couple of seats they want to sell, I'll be more than happy to take them at a reasonable price.

Willie, the Season tickets to wake are actually very reasonable.. 109 for whole season.. So if u got season ticks..u could sell off the Florida state game and some of the others and still go to the Nebraska game for about even (free)... so i HOPE 2 have 2 extra tickets.. i wont know until june/july

Hi all,

Is anyone here going to the Wake Forest Game? I just acquired tickets yesterday... Im very excited.. its only 7 hours from my home.. so i HAVE to make the roady!!! :)

Questions for all of you... How many of us are "N" and plan on being there? Will anyone be having a tailgatae that maybe a wayward couple of NU fans could stop by so we wont feel alone? :)

Anyone ever been to Winston Salem, been around the campus can suggest anything to go view. I have got my hotel already..so that is set...got tickets..so thats set... just wanted to see if anyone else was excited about going?

I live in Durham, NC 1 1/2hrs to the East of Winston (we don't call it Winston-Salem normally). The Wake campus is west of downtown Wintston. Just south of downtown (nice skyline with RJReynolds headquarters) off business 85 is a place called "Old Salem". It is a miniture version of Williamsburg, Va. i.e. historical live reconstuction, fun stuff about the Revoulutionary War. Also north of Winston (about 25mi) is a state park, Pilot Mtn., that was used by the South in the Civil War. I am not familiar with the watering holes and eating places in Winston. If you want to experience NC BBQ, my favorite place in Winston is Little Richards, off Country Club Rd, near Wake campus. This place in vintage early 1960's. NC has two styles of BBQ (generally 8 recognized nationally- Memphis, Texas, etc.) and this style is my favorite, "Western Style", If you are used to KC style, this is totally different from what you are used to, but it is unique to the western part of the state. If you want more info on the specifics of the BBQ, I could tell that later. When I drive through there, its about 20 min. out of my way, but if I have the time I go. True NC charm. Good Ole' boys and all.

Willie, the Season tickets to wake are actually very reasonable.. 109 for whole season.. So if u got season ticks..u could sell off the Florida state game and some of the others and still go to the Nebraska game for about even (free)... so i HOPE 2 have 2 extra tickets.. i wont know until june/july

Tell that to the poor college student. Penny pinching is how I am anymore. :)

Also, just a little FYI for everyone -- if you purchased season tickets, you should have information soon as to whether you are guaranteed a ticket. The 15th of this month was the last date for former season ticket holders and Deacon Club members to get priority seating. That basically means, if they requested season tickets, they are guaranteed seating ahead of you, no matter if they requested tickets May 14th, and you requested them January 31st.

Supposedly, over 12,400 season tickets have been requested. Not for sure how many if those tickets include Huskers who have requested them.

I have also read that the single game ticket price is $50 bucks.

bump

I forgot probably the most important attraction you would like to see if you like doughnuts. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts started in Winston, and their HQ is SW of downtowm. Wake is NW of downtown. Also, Winston is in an area we call the Triad, (Winston-Salem, Greensboro, and High Point). Greensboro & Hight Point (furniture capital of the world) are about 10 miles from Winston. Greensboro and Winston are NC's 4th and 5th largest cities respectfully.