husker player off team???

Benard

Rumor is he isn't all about Callahan and wishes the guy that recruited him Solich was the coach.  He wants to transfer to Kansas but doesn't know if he wants to sit out since it's big 12 team.

Fine by me. It just allowes us to free up another scholarship for a Callahan recruit, giving NU a better chance at succeeding quicker.

lol give me a break. This guy is suppose to be a real good player. Everyone thinks because callahan's players look good on paper mean they are going to be good. So far the onlyplayer that has done anything at all has been jackson.

I would say that Grixby has done a good job. Remember he wasn't for sure to come here with Solich as coach and then when Callahn started recruiting him, he was a sure thing.

No that is false. Grixby was going here with solich and then the change and he was undecided but callahan got him to stay. Grixby wasn't callahan's recruit.

No, you are wrong Benard, He verballed with Nebraska and then started to have second thoughts. He went on several other recruting visits after his verbal and he even thought about going to Notre Dame but when Callahan was hired Grixby was the first recruit that he called. That is when Grixby when 100% ours.

my bad with the wrong information gamecocks. thanks for clearing that up. all said, i think we agree, he needs to move on and either get this whole thing settled and get back to improving to earn playing time or get his walking papers ready. as far as dillard and covey, i hope they are as good as advertised, but it still hurts to have a talent like him leave.

my bad with the wrong information gamecocks. thanks for clearing that up. all said, i think we agree, he needs to move on and either get this whole thing settled and get back to improving to earn playing time or get his walking papers ready. as far as dillard and covey, i hope they are as good as advertised, but it still hurts to have a talent like him leave.

I agree Manute, these are the stupid things that should not be happening during a football season. It is a distraction and hurts the whole team and the individuals involved. Its not what this team needs going through a transition and all.

Rumor is he isn't all about Callahan and wishes the guy that recruited him Solich was the coach.  He wants to transfer to Kansas but doesn't know if he wants to sit out since it's big 12 team.

Fine by me. It just allowes us to free up another scholarship for a Callahan recruit, giving NU a better chance at succeeding quicker.

lol give me a break. This guy is suppose to be a real good player. Everyone thinks because callahan's players look good on paper mean they are going to be good. So far the onlyplayer that has done anything at all has been jackson.

I would say that Grixby has done a good job. Remember he wasn't for sure to come here with Solich as coach and then when Callahn started recruiting him, he was a sure thing.

No that is false. Grixby was going here with solich and then the change and he was undecided but callahan got him to stay. Grixby wasn't callahan's recruit.

No, you are wrong Benard, He verballed with Nebraska and then started to have second thoughts. He went on several other recruting visits after his verbal and he even thought about going to Notre Dame but when Callahan was hired Grixby was the first recruit that he called. That is when Grixby when 100% ours.

He was a very solid verbal to solich and nu and then solich got fired, thats when he took his other visits and wasn't really sure. Solich had him. Your wrong!

your info wasn't wrong. both info was right.

He was a very solid verbal to solich and nu and then solich got fired, thats when he took his other visits and wasn't really sure. Solich had him. Your wrong!

But then Callahan went out and got him and he decided to come back. So wouldn't that mean that he was Callahans recruit. If he would of stayed with his so called "solid verbal" (which is pointless, the only thing that matters is the John Hancock on the LOI) then I would call him Solich's recruit. But since he went out and looked at other programs, I would call him Callahan's since Bill got him to come here after all.

Let's also keep things in perspective also. This is a true freshman who has played very little and was recruited by Solich, who according to many comments on this board is not a very good recruiter.

Also Cllahan is not going to go and chase down one player out of a group of 150 or so. I say the longer Keenan stays away the less likely he will be in a NU uniform. Let him go to Kansas, where everyone will kiss his a$$

Uhmm, are you trying to say Callahans' recruits aren't as good as everyone says they are? Well, all of Callahans' recruits are TRUE FRESHMEN. Come on, give him a break.

recruiting callahan has a talent he can do this, as for being a coach umm I think that his records says it all... A loosing record in the NFL and unless something happens Nebraska is looking at loosing the season and killing the bowl record... ahh Callahan as a savior for Nebraska I think not he cant adjust to change in the D. He is also a very slick coach after the Texas TEch lost he put all the loss on the players and not a single sentance was spoke about being out coached.

Uhmm, are you trying to say Callahans' recruits aren't as good as everyone says they are?  Well, all of Callahans' recruits are TRUE FRESHMEN.  Come on, give him a break.

recruiting callahan has a talent he can do this, as for being a coach umm I think that his records says it all... A loosing record in the NFL and unless something happens Nebraska is looking at loosing the season and killing the bowl record... ahh Callahan as a savior for Nebraska I think not he cant adjust to change in the D. He is also a very slick coach after the Texas TEch lost he put all the loss on the players and not a single sentance was spoke about being out coached.

BS. If you listen to all the press conferences they did take responsibility. Besides, that game was two weeks ago. Get over it.

But then Callahan went out and got him and he decided to come back. So wouldn't that mean that he was Callahans recruit. If he would of stayed with his so called "solid verbal" (which is pointless, the only thing that matters is the John Hancock on the LOI) then I would call him Solich's recruit. But since he went out and looked at other programs, I would call him Callahan's since Bill got him to come here after all.

lol give me a break game c$%ks. First you say oh he didn't know if he wanted to come here with frank but once bill got here oh he came running. That is just not the case.

Let me tell you again. He verbaled and was ready to play for nebraska for frank. Then frank got fired and he wasn't sure about nebraska much like a bunch of recruits but callahan talked to him and he decided to stay coming here. It's not as if frank was here that grixby wouldn't be. Frank is the one that got him here in the first place. I'd call callahan's recruit someone who callahan found and someone who frank didn't recruit.

lol give me a break game c$%ks. First you say oh he didn't know if he wanted to come here with frank but once bill got here oh he came running. That is just not the case.

Let me tell you again. He verbaled and was ready to play for nebraska for frank. Then frank got fired and he wasn't sure about nebraska much like a bunch of recruits but callahan talked to him and he decided to stay coming here. It's not as if frank was here that grixby wouldn't be. Frank is the one that got him here in the first place. I'd call callahan's recruit someone who callahan found and someone who frank didn't recruit.

I said that he was having second thoughts when Solich was here in which he was. It wasn't a big surprise to many people that Frank got fired. There was speculation about his firing going on for months. Probally even more so in Lincoln than around other parts of the state. Grixby stated in the March 2004 edition of Husker Illustrated, that he was concerned with the direction of the program in november and was disgrutled with the uncertanty of the program. He was beginning to lean toward traveling outside the state for college until Callahan came in. Solich was fired in December, and if you need a little help with the calender, november comes before December. So that means that he was looking at other colleges before Solich was fired. Need I say more. Didn't think so.