Empty Seats????

Solich the recruiting coach?????????When was he the recruiting coach?  I thought downing was and then I thought Gillespie was.  Also, to say their isn't talent on this team is crazy imo.  I'd doubt that we are going to get where people want us to be in 2 or 3 years either.

He may not have been the "recruiting coach" but had to have had a hand in recruiting. Or maybe he didn't?

I didn't say he didn't have a hand in it. Every coach on every team has a hand in recruiting. Whether you are the head guy or a G.A. He wasn't the recruiting coach like one inunformed fan posted.

Solich the recruiting coach?????????When was he the recruiting coach?  I thought downing was and then I thought Gillespie was.  Also, to say their isn't talent on this team is crazy imo.  I'd doubt that we are going to get where people want us to be in 2 or 3 years either.

He may not have been the "recruiting coach" but had to have had a hand in recruiting. Or maybe he didn't?

I didn't say he didn't have a hand in it. Every coach on every team has a hand in recruiting. Whether you are the head guy or a G.A. He wasn't the recruiting coach like one inunformed fan posted.

Word. It makes sense that if we were recruiting a DB that the DB's coach would have a big hand in getting the player to the university.

Word. It makes sense that if we were recruiting a DB that the DB's coach would have a big hand in getting the player to the university.

Nebraska does recruiting with a team effort. Every coach is responsible for a certain area of the U.S. They do a lot of research for all of the players for that area then they all get together and discuss what they have found out. I am not for sure how they determine who they are going to offer scholarships to, but they send the same coach into the same area that they researched to recruit the players that they decided to recruit. So my point is, every is involved in the recruiting process.

Solich the recruiting coach?????????When was he the recruiting coach? I thought downing was and then I thought Gillespie was. Also, to say their isn't talent on this team is crazy imo. I'd doubt that we are going to get where people want us to be in 2 or 3 years either.

Ok, I was wrong about Solich being the recruiting coach, let's say that he was a "recruiting" coach, in that he had had a heavy hand in recruiting as the running back coach. It's one of those things I heard somewhere a while back, and I think I know why.

I found this old article while searching, it was a story from when Solich was named head coach. Here's a quote from the article:

Byrne said, "Frank Solich is an excellent coach and recruiter who has been courted by many schools across the nation"

Here's the link http://www.unl.edu/pr/osborne.html

Since Solich was a coach that was a big part of recruiting he would have made it top priority as head coach (at least to delegate and oversee). We had talented people, but IMO not as many as years before.

I have not said that there isn't talent on the team. What I mean is we have some talented people, but IMO not as many talented people as we have had in the past. If Calahan and his staff can really kick butt at recruiting now and in the next couple years, we'll have more (as in number of) talented people

Ok, I was wrong about Solich being the recruiting coach, let's say that he was a "recruiting" coach, in that he had had a heavy hand in recruiting as the running back coach. It's one of those things I heard somewhere a while back, and I think I know why.

I found this old article while searching, it was a story from when Solich was named head coach. Here's a quote from the article:

Byrne said, "Frank Solich is an excellent coach and recruiter who has been courted by many schools across the nation"

Here's the link http://www.unl.edu/pr/osborne.html

Since Solich was a coach that was a big part of recruiting he would have made it top priority as head coach (at least to delegate and oversee). We had talented people, but IMO not as many as years before.

I have not said that there isn't talent on the team. What I mean is we have some talented people, but IMO not as many talented people as we have had in the past. If Calahan and his staff can really kick butt at recruiting now and in the next couple years, we'll have more (as in number of) talented people

I'd agree with that.