No hotseat for Coach Callahan per The Sipple

Pretty spot on in my mind.

My only gripe about BC is the inability to hold onto the ones we have gotten. But I know that all programs lose top kids, it just hurts us a little more at this time.

Rawhide, glad to see you back!!!!!!

I agree that there's a lot of positives BC has brought here, and that he doesn't need to be on the hotseat this year. But I take issue with the part in the article where it says "If NU takes a step back, it isn't a big deal" or something to that effect.

It IS.

If we don't take the Big 12 North this year, it's a big deal. If we endure another 9 win season (and you have to figure we'll be playing 14 games) then it's a problem. I expect 10, 11 wins - I'd be uneasy with anything else.

It sounds like Sipple is scared that we won't take a step forward this year, and he's making excuses for Callahan to justify that even if we don't, it's okay. It's not. But don't worry - we're going to take a step forward this year. At least, we'd better have that mindset going into the season. The one thing we really need to regain is the old husker swagger that came with hanging 60 points on everyone we played and expecting to win every game.

the days of hanging 60 on anyone are over. too much competition, as we have all said, a hundred times before. that and the edge we had in conditioning many years ago is gone as well, that information is out for all to see.

i will not be happy to see us go 9-5, but it could easily happen again. then again if the stars line up 11-3 is doable and would be a huge step in the right direction too. with all the unknowns on both D and O, it is just too damn early to even speculate. as long as the effort is there and the coaching is solid, the rest depends a lot on injuries, development and just plan luck.