Hows the QB race going?

I would like to see some game breaking tight ends. I think that is the one thing that the offense has been missing the last few years, and we will see how much they mean to the offense this year when Mcneil has a big role in the offense. I would also like to see the continued recruiting of speed at the linebacker position. Its obvious that the coaching staff realized very early that speed is going to win you championships. I would much rather have a 220 lb linebacker that runs a 4.5 than a 240 lb linebacker who runs a 4.7. I would also like to see us continue to recruit safetys like we have been....Asante, Thenarse, Washington, and maybe Hagg, who I think is a pretty good athlete. I absolutely think we are on the right track and think that we are already getting the players that we need. We REALLY need to get one or two big time corners. That is the one thing that we have never got since Cally has been here as far as high school prospects go, I dont count Grixby.

Yeah this year there is no question- Keller is the starter. You don't make a potential 1st rounder draft pick ride the pine.

The real competition will be next year- I think Zac Lee will pull it out and start for two years- after him I think it will be Gabbert. I have a feeling that Witt and Ganz may never get the starting job unless there is an injury.

Yeah this year there is no question- Keller is the starter. You don't make a potential 1st rounder draft pick ride the pine.

The real competition will be next year- I think Zac Lee will pull it out and start for two years- after him I think it will be Gabbert. I have a feeling that Witt and Ganz may never get the starting job unless there is an injury.

while i agree with your statement that Keller will be the starter this year, i disagree with Lee and Gabbert being the starter for the future and Witt and Ganz will only start if there is an injury.

Lee was injured when he got here and hasnt practiced wth the team. And while Gabbert looks to have all of the tools to be the Second Coming, he still hasnt stepped on to campus yet and it will take a little while to learn the system. I dont think NU will ever have a freshman starting at QB under Callahans system.

Ganz has been in this system forever and knows it inside and out and performed well in the spring game and the coaches have had nothing but good things to say about Witt. If Witt had been showcased in an offense designed for his talents instead of just handing the ball off to an "ALL WORLD" running back, he would have had all of the accolades that Gabbert has gotten.

The QB race is going to be fun to watch over the next few years and if Callahan keeps getting high profile QB's each year the race will be every year

just my 2 cents

I agree with aim. We as fans tend to lean towards the players we see therefore Lee gets lost due to his injury. This kid is a very highly touted guy that has a big arm but better yet can run ( i believe its high 4.5 or low 4.6) that is an intangible that you cant teach. He was injured when recruited and that says something. Inured or not BC wanted him here. I think its keller this year and Lee for 2 then we'll see. I dont think Ganz ever starts unless out of necessity and i dont think Witt starts either. If im wrong good just my 2 cents