Some '07 recruits academic status's answered.....

http://www.journalstar.com/blog/huskers.php

06/29/07

02:27:13 pm, Categories: -Football by Brian Rosenthal

Academic status

I know there's a great deal of interest regarding incoming recruits who aren't yet qualified, and what their current status is.

I'll try to fill you in on the five that are not yet in Lincoln; but please realize there's nothing final, good or bad, on any of these players, and in some cases it could be a few weeks before we'll know anything for certain. (You'll remember fall camp the past couple of years, when we were still waiting on the status of some juco transfers).

So as you read the following information, remember nothing is for certain.

I've talked to Demetrious Davis. He's a defensive tackle from Benton High School in St. Joseph. He told me he's finishing up summer classes (at his high school) on Monday and Tuesday of next week. He said he hopes to have his grades within a week of that, and that will determine his eligibility. I asked how he expects to do. His response: "Pretty good." That's all I know for now on Davis.

Juco defensive tackle Kevin Dixon, from Garden City, Kan., is taking an algebra class to gain admission to Nebraska. He could be here within a couple of weeks.

Defensive tackle Joseph Townsend, another juco, is taking classes at Foothill CC in Calif. Unsure of his progress; should be finished there in late July.

High school defensive back Latravis Washington ... he has said he's doing fine in summer school, but like Davis, we can't be certain. Worst case scenario? Could be a grayshirt candidate. Again, that's just a possibility.

High school offensive lineman Jaivorio Burkes is taking one class (biology) and is done July 18.

That's a quick overview. Can't say any of these guys will or will not get here for certain ... so take this for what it's worth.

Juco defensive tackle Kevin Dixon, from Garden City, Kan., is taking an algebra class to gain admission to Nebraska. He could be here within a couple of weeks.

:o

relax it is an online class

I think what he means is it's too bad this guy has graduated HS, spent 2 years in JUCO, and is just now scrambling to finish his Algebra class. A lot of kids are taking this class in 8th grade nowadays.