And let "The Countdown" begin....

we all were there in heart for that game

In all honesty, Rob, it was so much fun, but I wish all my other friends could've been there for it, or I could've been in Lincoln with them. Sure, my boy and I partied it up in Miami, rubbed it in their face, and probably should've gotten shot, but I sunned out on South Beach the next day basking in the sun, when I knew all my other buds were screaming on 'O' street the night before and at the Devaney for the celebration. That said...I wouldn't trade it for anything!

And to be honest, Miami fans were actually very cool, and congratulated us. Very surprising. I'd go back again and hang with'em. College football is the best.

everyone should experience a NC game atmosphere at least once in their lifetime, and preferrably a Husker National Championship. I was fortunate to go to the NU/FLA game the very next year

UNBELIEVABLE

Lo, I am not TheCropDuster, but shoot, I loves the Countdown!

16 Days!!

9946_300.jpg

Maurice Purify

Sadly, I'm but a wee nineteen years of age and no other noteworthy number sixteens spring to mind. Thanks to Huskers.com for compiling this information for me. :woo

Honors and Awards:

2007 Maxwell Award watch list

Second-team All Big 12 (Coaches, 2006)

Honorable mention All Big 12 (AP, 2006)

T-5th for Touchdown receptions in a season (2006)

2007 Outlook

Wide receiver Maurice Purify quickly demonstrated his ability to be a difference-maker for the Nebraska offense in 2006. The 6-4, 220-pound Purify made a huge impact for the Huskers in his first season in Lincoln.

Purify finished 2006 as the Huskers’ second-leading receiver with 34 receptions. His 630 yards receiving were a team-high and ranked sixth in school history. Purify’s seven touchdown catches led the team and tied for fifth on the Nebraska season charts.

His efforts earned him second-team All-Big 12 honors from the league’s coaches and he is capable of even bigger honors this fall. Purify’s combination of outstanding hands and NFL-receiver size make him a difficult matchup for any opposing defender.

Purify became a starter at the "X" receiver spot by mid-season. He and junior Nate Swift should be the Huskers’ top two performers at that spot again this fall. Purify, Swift and senior Terrence Nunn form the nucleus of a Nebraska receiving corps that returns intact for the 2007 campaign.

Purify was the big-play threat for the Huskers, averaging an impressive 18.5 yards per catch. Among his 34 receptions, 29 were good for first downs, while he recorded 14 catches of more than 20 yards. He became a threat to go the distance on any catch he made, as three of his seven scores went for more than 27 yards. Purify also showed the ability to make plays at critical times, including his spectacular game-winning TD grab in the waning seconds at Texas A&M.

Purify joined the Huskers in the summer of 2006 after an impressive two-year stint at San Francisco City College.

2006 Season

Purify saw action in all 14 games, including starts in five of the final six games. He made at least four receptions three times during the year, with a career-best six receptions at Oklahoma State. Purify notched personal bests of 91 yards against Kansas and two scoring receptions at Oklahoma State.

Purify caught his first career touchdown on a 42-yard reception against Nicholls State. His game began to elevate at the start of Big 12 play, including four catches for 91 yards in the victory over Kansas. His second career touchdown came on a 27-yard catch at Iowa State with only three seconds remaining in the first half staking NU to a 21-7 lead.

He added four receptions for 73 yards in a 21-3 win at Kansas State, then put together a solid performance against No. 5 Texas. Purify took a short pass from Zac Taylor and turned it into a 63-yard touchdown on NU’s second possession, and later added a 21-yard reception that was a key play in helping the Huskers take a late fourth-quarter lead on the Longhorns. His outing against Oklahoma State featured career-high totals of six catches and two touchdowns with 65 yards receiving.

Purify accounted for two more scores the following week against Missouri to help the Huskers bounce back from a two-game losing streak. He opened the scoring with a 28-yard touchdown pass to Terrence Nunn on his first career pass attempt. In the second quarter, Purify added a touchdown catch of his own on a seven-yard jump ball from Zac Taylor where he outleaped a Tiger defender.

His nine-yard catch for the winning touchdown the following week against Texas A&M helped the Huskers clinch the Big 12 North Division title. The score marked his fifth touchdown in four games. He had three catches for 51 yards in the regular-season finale against Colorado, including a critical 31-yard catch on a third-down conversion in the second half. Purify capped the year with three catches against Oklahoma, and one against Auburn in the Cotton Bowl.