Let the NU bashing begin

The suspension is too light. It should have been at least three games. Anything less will make it look like we need Purify to beat USC on the 15th. Hell, honestly that could have been a thought in Callahan's subconscious when he made his decision. But he certainly would never admit to something like that.

Now at the same time, I don't think Purify should have gotten the axe. But he did screw up twice, the second coming before the first was even concluded...that is why I believe it warranted a 3 to 4 game suspension. But in all of this, Purify seems to be contrite in his comments. He is also facing a lot of discipline away from the football field. I don't like the one-game sit, but I can live with it (obviously since I can't really do anything about it ;)

And some of you guys thinking Nebraska is getting ragged on just because we're Nebraska must not get around a lot on the internet. I go to several generic college football boards and most are mad about the one-game suspension, not because "It's Nebraska". Judging by what I read at those other sites, Nebraska still has an incredible amount of integrity that is recognized by other fans (Pederson is still another issue though).

I hope this works out for Purify and he winds up being a model citizen the rest of the season. We certainly need him in the line-up, just not at the expense of the team.

The suspension is too light. It should have been at least three games. Anything less will make it look like we need Purify to beat USC on the 15th

Maybe, but how many fans will still be bitching if we win that one?

If BC makes decisions based on concerns of what others may think it "looks like" then he really has a problem. I really don't care what people think it looks like.

look, this is cally's first "experiment" in real discipline (forget Incognito, that one didn't count) with a player he feels has enough character to get it back together. i can almost promise you this, if Mo "pisses backwards" on cally and his gift to let him back on the field, you likely will see a much stronger response from him (cally) the next time one of his kids gets in to trouble.

What about Mulkey?

yes, i did forget about him, seemed to be a lot lower profile? seemed different somehow?

Lower profile, but never the less a player that was given more than one chance under both Solich and Callahan. Callahan had enough and cut him loose.

Sure it's not exactly the same because Mo is a higher profile player but it could still be an example of how he runs things.

I think someone I know said that this would be a black eye on the program. Who was that?

You can bet the whole enchilada that if this were a 3rd team scrub (Mulkey) he would be looking for a new school.

Mulkey played alot his last year, he was one my families favorite players. Why do so many people here keep trying to minimize what BC has done in the past with discipline?........Oh ya cause they need to so they can prove thier "BC and Purify are a disgrace and should be cast into hell" theory.