Big 12 Media Days

Talib is almost as overrated as Charles Gordon was. Wasn't Gordon supposed to be a 1st round draft pick? :lol:

btw, that read cracks me up just looking tat Aqib responses. the guy has a head on him I'd say.

Are you serious? Sports Illustrated predicts Talib as the 5th best player in all of the country and the #1 CB in the nation! He is a for sure top 10 pick in 2008. Book it. His preseason awards are well deserved from his 6 interceptions and 26 pass break-ups in 10 games last season. He was tied for the lead in picks across the country last year.

No logical Husker fan would predict NU by more than 7 points over KU. (Please see the last 3 games between these two teams if you think I'm crazy:

2006= 37-31- Husker Win

2005= 40-15- Jayhawk Win

2004= 14-8- Husker Win

:cheers

04 and 05 were rebuilding years. They won't be repeated. I was less impressed with the 14-8 win than the 40-15 loss. Hope you enjoyed 2005...it could be many years before it happens again...But at least KU is used to that vs. NU. :)

Good luck vs. those powerhouses of Central Michigan, Southeast Louisiana, Southeastern Louisiana, SE Loui...sh*t, does it really matter? Do they seriously have a football team??? Toledo, and Florida International. Looks like Mangino hired Snyder to do his scheduling. I'm not sure what I'm more concerned about...how much KU wins by, or how many non-conference players Mangino eats. Well, have fun going 4-0...it'll make homecoming less painful.

LOL. This is the funniest post ever! I do agree with most of it. Mangino is stealing from the book of Snyder on how he schedules. The problem is that these games were set 4-5 years ago when KU was finishing 2-10, so we had to play cupcakes. Now with defense of the schedule Central Michigan isn't a scrub....they did win the MAC Championship outright and gave Michigan and Minnesota scares last year. However, the other 3 are poopers.

Hopefully at the conclusion of each non conference game we can keep Mangino from eating the opposing teams players. LOL :lol:

But mark my words. Whoever Talib covers for nebraska, MO, Nunn, Swift, whoever, they will get shut down.

The game will be close. Sorry Husker nation.

Most of what JGS30 said is not going to happen, but Talib is the real deal and will shut down who ever he covers. Sorry, I hate it too but its just true. Nothing wrong with recognizing talent, and he has it. KU will still get throttled by NU this year so we can get back to buisness as usual........Sorry KU, daddy is home again, hope you enjoyed it while it lasted.

Most of what JGS30 said is not going to happen, but Talib is the real deal and will shut down who ever he covers. Sorry, I hate it too but its just true. Nothing wrong with recognizing talent, and he has it. KU will still get throttled by NU this year so we can get back to buisness as usual........Sorry KU, daddy is home again, hope you enjoyed it while it lasted.

Good post. I respect your position on this. To answer your question from earlier, Jake Sharp did break the Kansas rushing record previously held by Barry Sanders or Darren Sproles, can't remember who.

The KU - NU game was the only one I saw in person last year. It was in Lincoln and it was a very exciting game. Nebraska barely won! If it was played in Kansas, we may well have lost the game. The crowd just didn't allow KU to win.

All the boasting about an NU blow-out in 2007 in Lawrence might be true ... and I hope it is. But there are lots of NU fans with VERY HIGH EXPECTATIONS.... I hope that the Big Red is ready to regain its powerhouse status, but that will have to be shown ON THE FIELD... against teams like KU. I'd like to see some dominance on the field before we boast about romping over KU! Something we haven't done in recent years!

he may be able to come close to taking out one weapon, but who covers the other 2 or 3? There is a reason why KU had the dead worst pass defense last year.

:yeah One guy is not going to win the game for KU... even if he plays both ways.

KU's secondary will be much improved from last year. 3 new starters opposite of Talib. be on the lookout for FS Darrel Stuckey, a Kansas City product that is expected to start from the get go. Talib says he is the best athlete on the team. The opposite cover corner is a juco kid from Butler County. He looked good in the spring game. He has good body control and is alot qicker than Webb was a year ago.

KU's defense will be alot better this year. I don't see Nebraska blowin us out anytime soon. I know you Husker fans think you'll be better, but I also think KU will be better.

One thing i've noticed after visiting the boards of you guys, MU, KSU and my own KU boards is that everyone is saying the same thing about their team. "This is the year we get over the hump" "This is the year we take the North".

We'll just wait and see. But don't think your leaps and bounds better than KU cause basically outside of Cornish the same damn team is back that took you guys into Overtime in Lincoln.

he may be able to come close to taking out one weapon, but who covers the other 2 or 3? There is a reason why KU had the dead worst pass defense last year.

:yeah One guy is not going to win the game for KU... even if he plays both ways.

KU's secondary will be much improved from last year. 3 new starters opposite of Talib. be on the lookout for FS Darrel Stuckey, a Kansas City product that is expected to start from the get go. Talib says he is the best athlete on the team. The opposite cover corner is a juco kid from Butler County. He looked good in the spring game. He has good body control and is alot qicker than Webb was a year ago.

KU's defense will be alot better this year. I don't see Nebraska blowin us out anytime soon. I know you Husker fans think you'll be better, but I also think KU will be better.

One thing i've noticed after visiting the boards of you guys, MU, KSU and my own KU boards is that everyone is saying the same thing about their team. "This is the year we get over the hump" "This is the year we take the North".

We'll just wait and see. But don't think your leaps and bounds better than KU cause basically outside of Cornish the same damn team is back that took you guys into Overtime in Lincoln.

Well spoken....but you only brag that your defense is better than last season. Our TEAM as a whole is much better than last season and will continue to get better as we recruit 4 and 5 star prospects. KU is just not recognized for having strong recruiting and for that.....they will always be "alright" But I just don't see them being a threat to win the North this season....sorry for being honest! :hmmph

Well spoken....but you only brag that your defense is better than last season. Our TEAM as a whole is much better than last season and will continue to get better as we recruit 4 and 5 star prospects. KU is just not recognized for having strong recruiting and for that.....they will always be "alright" But I just don't see them being a threat to win the North this season....sorry for being honest! :hmmph

I think the KU offense will stay about the same, if not get better. One thing that has hurt KU is the Quarterback play. We can't keep them healthy. Mangino has started 8 different QB's since during 5 years at Kansas. We just can't get a break. This is the first year that we really feel that we have two capable QB's that can play in Kerry Meir and Todd Reesing. If Meir can stay healthy, look out. The guy has talent. He can hurt you with his arm and with his legs.

And our leading receiver is back, Dexton Fields, 45 catch's for 456 yds. He caught 8 passes for 108 yds and a score against Nebraska.....just thought I would throw that in. Also our senior Tight End Derek Fine is back and I see him making hugs strides this season. And I love Hereford. He is a 6'3 220 pound receiver that is the second fastest on the team behind Jake Sharp. Look for Marcus Hereford to have a break out year at Wide receiver and kick returner.

Our offensive line is lookin realy good as well. Leading the way is All Big 12 selection Anthony Collins. At 6'6, 330 pounds, he will be blocking for Meirs blind side at Left Tackle. The other tackle is 6'7 286 lbs Caesar Rodriguez. A four year starter and is very dependable. He is making the move from Left tackle to right. Than we add Left guard Chet Hartley, a 6'4 315 lbs, he was heavily recruited from Butler County by Bobby Bowden, but his late home visit didn't pay. We're happy to add him to our line and see it as a big upgrade.

So to say the least we're excited about our offense to and we know we have gotten better. The problem is alot of fans are too busy just assuming we won't be that great, but you can't deny what Mangino is doing. I understand NU gets more 4 and 5 star recruits, but that can't always be a measuring stick. Anthony Webb was a 4 star recruit out of Texas and he started as a True Freshman for us last season on the opposite side of Talib. This year he lost his job to a 3 star guy from Butler County kendrick Harper.

Stars are never the best method of how good they will be. (See Kyle Wright, QB for Miami for further reference). He was the #2 ranked QB in the country behind Chis Leak. Wright has done nothing at Miami and is about to lose his job to a 4 star QB.

P.S- Aqib Talib was a 2 star recruit. Enough said.

But hey, what do I know? :dunno

OK the "star arguement is just not gonna cut it. 6 players drafted in the first round were top 5 at thier position out of high school, while 14 of the players drafted in the first round were UNRANKED (no stars) out of high school. Stars are a descent way to catagorize talent, but you can't always measure the upside of a player and know what his is gonna become. Thats why its more important to do your homework than just recruit by stars cause they are a better indicator what this kid can do imediately, not what he can do in the long run.

"And don't worry about the loss of the best "System back" ever John Cornish and his blasing 4.65 40 speed. He was a great north south runner, no doubt, but there is a reason he is playing in the CFL now."

Its sad for you KU fans to think that 4.65 is blaziing speed for a RB!! He was a good runner, but I am sorry, 4.65 is not blazing.

"And don't worry about the loss of the best "System back" ever John Cornish and his blasing 4.65 40 speed. He was a great north south runner, no doubt, but there is a reason he is playing in the CFL now."

Its sad for you KU fans to think that 4.65 is blaziing speed for a RB!! He was a good runner, but I am sorry, 4.65 is not blazing.

Um I think you missed the :sarcasm in his post.

Um I think you missed the :sarcasm in his post.

Sorry about that BGREDSTUCKN, next time I will place the sarcasm symbol next to my post. I was laying it on pretty thick with that statement.

:LOLtartar