What? Nebraska Throw for 300 yds?

It was baylor, enough said.

stick->mud.

Say what you want but it's the truth. That game shows nothing at all.

True, that game doesn't show anything, but I do think Joe has a lot of potential if we can get some of the other things in order. I think he can accomplish the passing game Calahan wants if some of the other aspects of the offense can get in line.

I agree, joe can be a decent qb, but the thing he struggles is with is if one thing goes wrong then he sucks after that for rest of game. Nothing went wrong last game and he did fine.

That's not something Joe struggles with, that's something that the team as a whole struggles with.

Which is the coaches fault, right?

No, it's not, it's something the team struggles with, not just individual players/coaches. Coaches don't make the team, the players make the team with the coaches guidence. You can't just blame it on a certain player, number of players, position group, or coach. The team has to work through it because it's something we've struggled with for a few years now.

It's not just us either, many teams in many different sports go through this, the question is how severe it is. And of course it can vary from game to game.

Which is the coaches fault, right?

No, it's not, it's something the team struggles with, not just individual players/coaches. Coaches don't make the team, the players make the team with the coaches guidence. You can't just blame it on a certain player, number of players, position group, or coach. The team has to work through it because it's something we've struggled with for a few years now.

It's not just us either, many teams in many different sports go through this, the question is how severe it is. And of course it can vary from game to game.

I'd say it has alot to do with coaching and somewhat with players. The coach has to do some coaching and tell the team if something goes wrong not to worry and to keep them fired up and playing with emotion.

I wasn't referring to anybody in particular, Blackshirt, it's just a reflection on the current standing of several of college football's perennial powerhouses. I am a young 36 years old, but I cannot remember a season ever in my lifetime when all of those mentioned college football "big dogs" had a down season and were not ranked, all in the same season. Maybe the stars are aligned just right, once in so many years.....anyway, it sure is coincidence....

See what you started D-man... :) Good post, it seemed to have gotten some peoples attention!!

Back to your last comment... yes good point. And even the last 2-3 yrs all 4 of those powerhouses have been on the down and out. Notre Dame has been struggling with implementing the WCO, Penn St has been struggling with EX-plementing JoePa, we all know about NU... so whats the real deal with 'Bama over the past few yrs? Should we blame it on the high quality "gentlemans clubs" down south? Bet MP would... :waste