What? Nebraska Throw for 300 yds?

Am I dreaming? (pinch), ouch!!! Guess not....Congratulations on the win today. Even though it was against lowly Baylor, this game I think will do alot for the morale of the players. The west coast O works, and confidence-builder games like this will help in the transition. You all need to get behind Coach Callahan and his staff. He's taking you in the right direction.

You folks are alot like us Bama fans--you've been to the mountaintop so many times you're spoiled. Today we were fortunate enough to beat Southern Miss 27-3, but I must say Southern looked totally flat compared to how they played in Lincoln. Anyway, we are rebuilding too, and, think about it, who woulda thunk if some team were to beat Nebraska, Alabama, Penn State, and Notre Dame all this season, you may not qualify for a BSC bid?! Whenever would that have happened in college football history??? ?Food for thought....

Anyway, congrats on the big win today. I'll be following you guys throughout the rest of the season.....

Once again thanks for the nice words D-man. I think you hit it right on the head - many of us didnt live through the dark days of Husker football, so we dont have the perspective from the "other side".

Wow good win for you guys today! Congrats on that.

Curious, who are you referring to in your comment about beating NU, Bama etc and not getting a BCS?

I wasn't referring to anybody in particular, Blackshirt, it's just a reflection on the current standing of several of college football's perennial powerhouses. I am a young 36 years old, but I cannot remember a season ever in my lifetime when all of those mentioned college football "big dogs" had a down season and were not ranked, all in the same season. Maybe the stars are aligned just right, once in so many years.....anyway, it sure is coincidence....

It gives all the players some confidence heading into a big game next week. I think that our offense added another dimension with the deep ball working so well yesterday. It may have been just Baylor but a win is a win and we did some things very well yesterday that we haven't done all season. The things that we actually did well yesterday are things that we had to improve on no matter who we were playing, like turnovers, ball control, and penalties. It was a good win this weekend none the less.

It was baylor, enough said.

stick->mud.

Say what you want but it's the truth. That game shows nothing at all.

True, that game doesn't show anything, but I do think Joe has a lot of potential if we can get some of the other things in order. I think he can accomplish the passing game Calahan wants if some of the other aspects of the offense can get in line.

It gives all the players some confidence heading into a big game next week. I think that our offense added another dimension with the deep ball working so well yesterday. It may have been just Baylor but a win is a win and we did some things very well yesterday that we haven't done all season. The things that we actually did well yesterday are things that we had to improve on no matter who we were playing, like turnovers, ball control, and penalties. It was a good win this weekend none the less.

So far we have thrown the deep ball against western ill. and baylor.

It was baylor, enough said.

stick->mud.

Say what you want but it's the truth. That game shows nothing at all.

True, that game doesn't show anything, but I do think Joe has a lot of potential if we can get some of the other things in order. I think he can accomplish the passing game Calahan wants if some of the other aspects of the offense can get in line.

I agree, joe can be a decent qb, but the thing he struggles is with is if one thing goes wrong then he sucks after that for rest of game. Nothing went wrong last game and he did fine.