Help for an Aggie

Aggie99

I just bought my tickets for the A&M/Nebraska game. I have always wanted to experience a game in Lincoln. I have heard nothing but wonderful things from friends who have been to a Nebraska game, and I can't wait to experience this for myself.

Could you guys provide me with a little insight on where to stay? I've heard that downtown is the place to stay, but there is a large price tag to do that. If I were to stay downtown, where would you recommend? If I were to stay outside of downtown, where do you suggest?

Also, let me know if there are anything else that I should see or do while I'm in town.

Looking forward to it!

A few of us made the trip down to College Station last fall and we really enjoyed the trip (the last second win was the cherry on top). Hopefully you will have as much fun coming up to Lincoln.

I would check Hotels.com and look for a hotel around the airport. They are much cheaper than staying downtown, and are mostly decent places. Also, it is very easy to get from your hotel (airport area) to "O" Street. That is where you will want to hang out before the game. SideTracks (Live music wth Paul & Joyce) is a must visit, as is Duffy's (get a fishbowl), Sandy's (try the Elk Creek), and Iguana's. There are about 10 good bars along "O" Street from 9th to 15th Street. Haven't heard for sure, but the Husker Elvises are usually "performing" at the Embassy Suites on O. That is worth seeing as well. Just find your way to "O" Street, park, and follow the crowd around.

Enjoy your time in Lincoln - there really is no place like "O" Street on game day. There are parking garages available, take in the action at the bars, and it is then about a 10 minute walk north up 10th street to the stadium.

Welcome Aggie99 I just recently was looking on hotels.com and there was some really good deals on there for some of the weekends. Check it out because it gives you the ratings and what other people thought of the hotel. Good luck to aTm when they come to Lincoln and it should be a fantastic game. :thumbs