*** Official NU vs. KSU PRE-Game Thread ***

DaveH

I hate to say this, but I think we're gonna lose...

Sproles is going to run all over us...

We're going to get pounded by a team that runs the ball...

How's that for irony???

I would have to disagree. I know that our defense has not faced a running back with the talent of Sproles yet this year, but it is a lot easier to make a game plan for a one-man team like K-State than it is for a team like Tech. If we can gang tackle on Saturday then I say that Sproles gets worn down and will cough up the ball a couple of times which will lead to Huskers points and the "W"

I hope your right gamecocks but I don't see that happening.

I think the game will have a lot to do with who scores first and who can handle the pressure with the lead or from being behind. Neither team is built to come from behind. If K-State gets the lead early then I can see Sproles getting a lot of carries and a ton of yards, however if we would get the lead then I think that K-State will abandon the run and go to the air where I do not think that they will be as effective.

The key to this game is going to be bringing the good things we did on offense last week into Manhattan and continue improving and working towards a consistent offensive attack. I think we need to spread the ball around like we did this week to the different receivers and different backs. That seemed to work well and we hadn't really done that this year. Is Dailey seeing the field a bit better, finally?

As always, NO TURNOVERS and NO PENALTIES!!!! OK, how about we just limit the penalties. They killed a couple of our drives yesterday.

The defense has to come back to full strength in order to stop Sproles and totally muff the Snyders offensive attack. I am not so afraid of the KSU passing attack though. Especially if their starter ends up not playing.

Whatever Fabian's problem is, he needs to figure it out. He seemed to be out of position a lot yesterday along with some of the linebackers. Ruud seems to be doing most of the work back there.

Anyone else have some input?

GBR!!!

Maybe Fabian Washington is overrated?? He looked pretty bad on Saturday and dropped an INT.

The key to this game is going to be bringing the good things we did on offense last week into Manhattan and continue improving and working towards a consistent offensive attack. I think we need to spread the ball around like we did this week to the different receivers and different backs.  That seemed to work well and we hadn't really done that this year. Is Dailey seeing the field a bit better, finally?

As always, NO TURNOVERS and NO PENALTIES!!!! OK, how about we just limit the penalties. They killed a couple of our drives yesterday.

The defense has to come back to full strength in order to stop Sproles and totally muff the Snyders offensive attack. I am not so afraid of the KSU passing attack though. Especially if their starter ends up not playing.

Whatever Fabian's problem is, he needs to figure it out. He seemed to be out of position a lot yesterday along with some of the linebackers. Ruud seems to be doing most of the work back there.

GBR!!!

Maybe Fabian Washington is overrated?? He looked pretty bad on Saturday and dropped an INT.

I agree. He didn't play well at all in the third quarter. He needs to turn it around and fast, if that's possible.

The key to this game is going to be bringing the good things we did on offense last week into Manhattan and continue improving and working towards a consistent offensive attack. I think we need to spread the ball around like we did this week to the different receivers and different backs.  That seemed to work well and we hadn't really done that this year. Is Dailey seeing the field a bit better, finally?

GBR!!!

Everygame I have watched, I thought he has played well but I didn't see baylor game. Everyone is going to get beat once in a great while. Wasn't the pick he dropped because him and bullocks ran into each other?

GBR!!!

Everygame I have watched, I thought he has played well but I didn't see baylor game. Everyone is going to get beat once in a great while. Wasn't the pick he dropped because him and bullocks ran into each other?

No, Washington just flat dropped it, I don't know if he trying to use his chest or what. But it went right through his hands in the end zone. Bullocks was close, but he didn't touch Washington and shouldn't of affected the drop interception.

GBR!!!

No, Washington just flat dropped it, I don't know if he trying to use his chest or what. But it went right through his hands in the end zone. Bullocks was close, but he didn't touch Washington and shouldn't of affected the drop interception.

rose must have called it wrong then.

GBR!!!

rose must have called it wrong then.

What a surprise, Rose not knowing what he is talking about. I love how he gets so excited over a three yard run. He makes it sound like we ran 90 yards for a touchdown on the last play of the game.

1. Darren S. has had a broken hand since the Texas A&M game. I know there has been an internet rumor going on about this but it is in fact true. He has been playing through it to try and help the team.

2. Meier had a 3rd degree seperated shoulder going into the OU game and apparently they knocked him out of the game and may have ended is season. He really messed the shoulder up worse in that game.

Sounds like Allen Webb will be playing against us. The kicker is this. He doesn't know the playbook and the TE calls the plays in the huddle!

We may have a good chance next week. A win would put us in the drivers seat in the North with the Mizzou game being at home.