Just a Thought

Benard

It just amazes me that Callahan doesn't go after more nebraskan's and some teams are going to get some very talented players that nu is bypassing.

you think about guys like herian,leflore,kriewald,green, ruud,adams,cooper,moore for example. How many of those guys would be here with callahan here? I'm guessing maybe 1 or 2. He's offering 2 this year and who knows if we will get either. It's sad

Speculating on whether they would have come here under Callahan is worthless.

He has offered to two players, like you said. Are there other players that are really going to fit here anymore or are they even any good? You seem to love to label people as sucking or not so you tell me. Like I said in another thread, I don't know of many Nebraska high school teams that run this type of offense or one similar. I know that Omaha Gross runs a spread type offense like Texas Tech. I am sure there are some pure athletes out there that might be able to come in and help but I don't know exactly what Callahan is looking for.

I don't think he is going to look over talent he is interested in, no matter where they live. Sure, we have had some great players come from this state but that doesn't mean the team survives on in-state recruits. It would be nice to say we have a team that is mostly made up of in state recruits, but thats about all it would be good for. Besides, that's a Texas thing :)

It just amazes me that Callahan doesn't go after more nebraskan's and some teams are going to get some very talented players that nu is bypassing.

you think about guys like herian,leflore,kriewald,green, ruud,adams,cooper,moore for example. How many of those guys would be here with callahan here? I'm guessing maybe 1 or 2. He's offering 2 this year and who knows if we will get either. It's sad

Herian is the only real player there. Ruud is very good too. But I think he got that good because NU had no one else, hence him getting a lot of time as a freshman.

Everyone else is secon rate and no would have touched them anyway.

Speculating on whether they would have come here under Callahan is worthless.

He has offered to two players, like you said. Are there other players that are really going to fit here anymore or are they even any good? You seem to love to label people as sucking or not so you tell me. Like I said in another thread, I don't know of many Nebraska high school teams that run this type of offense or one similar. I know that Omaha Gross runs a spread type offense like Texas Tech. I am sure there are some pure athletes out there that might be able to come in and help but I don't know exactly what Callahan is looking for.

I don't think he is going to look over talent he is interested in, no matter where they live. Sure, we have had some great players come from this state but that doesn't mean the team survives on in-state recruits. It would be nice to say we have a team that is mostly made up of in state recruits, but thats about all it would be good for. Besides, that's a Texas thing :)

We have a defense and a special teams aswell. That doesn't matter what spread offense you run. Also some very good lineman are in the state.

This is simply amazing but not unexpected. Look at the quality of young men who have committed to NU this year and the ones who are still highly considering and will probably join. I am truly excited for the opportunity these young men have ahead of them at Nebraska. Just fantastic. Thank you John Blake, Bill C. and the entire NU staff! And welcome to Lucky, Smith & Potter along with some other great yet ones to come.

Complain if we must , but we are getting some awfully good talent outside of Nebraska

This is simply amazing but not unexpected. Look at the quality of young men who have committed to NU this year and the ones who are still highly considering and will probably join. I am truly excited for the opportunity these young men have ahead of them at Nebraska. Just fantastic. Thank you John Blake, Bill C. and the entire NU staff! And welcome to Lucky, Smith & Potter along with some other great yet ones to come.

Complain if we must , but we are getting some awfully good talent outside of Nebraska

Also thank you john blake and bill callahan for this 6-5 season! thank you

We might want to thank them in a couple of years for a Big 12 Championship and a National Championship too, but its too early to tell just like your prediction of a 6-5 season.

We might want to thank them in a couple of years for a Big 12 Championship and a National Championship too, but its too early to tell just like your prediction of a 6-5 season.

And just like it's to early to tell if their recruits that haven't even come here are worth the damn.