Common themes amongst recruits

To a point most recruits will say the same things, but they don't.

Some similarities recruits are saying about the Cornhuskers, that don't necessarily apply to other schools:

1. They love the Tunnel Walk.

2. They are all explaining disbelief about their popularity. They are very suprised that everyone knows them. Even at the airport. Turner the DE from Tennessee said he probably signed over 200 autographs and took a dozen or so pictures.

3. John Blake is like a family member. He talks about more than just football. Now a lot of recruiters do that. But some people are more natural at it or actually mean it. Kids can see throught the fakes.

4. Sea of Red.

Just some notes and tidbits about what I read.

1) I thought we werent allowed to do this anymore.

2) They will be just as popular in knoxville, norman, tallahasse etc - they just havent been on many visits yet.

3) Every team has a john blake type guy

4) I hate to be a buzz kill here - but IMO I just dont really see how this is all that big of a deal. I mean havent you watched other home games where the fans are doing the same thing? Try a georgia game - sea of red. tennesee - sea of orange.

These things to me are all very weak and I wouldnt put much stock in them being very significant "selling points" at the end of the day. not trying to be a dick, just devils advocate. but I do appreciate the insight Eric. :horns2

They can still be part of the Tunnel Walk and it is a big deal because most teams do not have an enterance like Nebraska does. Plus, the sea of red is just a nickname for our stadium, like the horseshoe in Ohio State, Happy Valley, and Between the Hedges. And if I am not mistakin, Eric the Red, was just stating that what the recruits say about the their trip to Nebraska not what sets Nebraska apart from the other teams.

1) I thought we werent allowed to do this anymore.

2) They will be just as popular in knoxville, norman, tallahasse etc - they just havent been on many visits yet.

3) Every team has a john blake type guy

4) I hate to be a buzz kill here - but IMO I just dont really see how this is all that big of a deal. I mean havent you watched other home games where the fans are doing the same thing? Try a georgia game - sea of red. tennesee - sea of orange.

These things to me are all very weak and I wouldnt put much stock in them being very significant "selling points" at the end of the day. not trying to be a dick, just devils advocate. but I do appreciate the insight Eric. :horns2

I understand what you are saying. Other schools are going to have similar things about their campuses. However, it is a very good thing that various recruits have the same things to say about their visit's and they are GOOD things :)

To a point most recruits will say the same things, but they don't.

Some similarities recruits are saying about the Cornhuskers, that don't necessarily apply to other schools:

1. They love the Tunnel Walk.

2. They are all explaining disbelief about their popularity. They are very suprised that everyone knows them. Even at the airport. Turner the DE from Tennessee said he probably signed over 200 autographs and took a dozen or so pictures.

3. John Blake is like a family member. He talks about more than just football. Now a lot of recruiters do that. But some people are more natural at it or actually mean it. Kids can see throught the fakes.

4. Sea of Red.

Just some notes and tidbits about what I read.

I'd say most of them have been said for years. Every recruit loves the crowd,fans,tradition,tunnel walk.

blake is the only think that is different.