Hail Varsity

I need help from all you Huskers out there! My Dad was born and raised in Nebraska, and his blood runs BIG RED! In his late teen's the family moved to Michigan. Ever since I was a little girl, Dad & I watched Nebraska games together, so my blood also runs BIG RED although I never attended Nebraska (I HATE that school in that state south of Kansas!!!! :madash ) Anyway, in my later years now, I want to learn the Hail Varsity. The Big Red band site has the song, but without the lyrics so I'm not sure how the tune goes with the words. Can somebody PLEASE lead me to a site where I can hear the words of the fight song being sung wtih the tune of the song??

THANK YOU and GO BIG RED!!!

I need help from all you Huskers out there! My Dad was born and raised in Nebraska, and his blood runs BIG RED! In his late teen's the family moved to Michigan. Ever since I was a little girl, Dad & I watched Nebraska games together, so my blood also runs BIG RED although I never attended Nebraska (I HATE that school in that state south of Kansas!!!! :madash ) Anyway, in my later years now, I want to learn the Hail Varsity. The Big Red band site has the song, but without the lyrics so I'm not sure how the tune goes with the words. Can somebody PLEASE lead me to a site where I can hear the words of the fight song being sung wtih the tune of the song??

THANK YOU and GO BIG RED!!!

Hail Varsity

Hail to the team

The stadium rings as everyone sings,

The Scarlet and Cream.

Cheers for a victory, echo our loyalty;

So, on mighty men,

The eyes of the land, upon every hand,

Are looking at you.

Fight on for victory

Hail to the Men of Nebraska U.

I don't know of a site that puts it all together...someone else on here might, though. Good Luck!

Thanks guys. All the links you gave me I've already been to. In fact, Google let me to the band site, but the MP3 link just plays the song without anyone singing the words along with. I'm very good musically, but still can't seem to get how the words go with the notes. I STILL NEED HELP!!

Thanks guys. All the links you gave me I've already been to. In fact, Google let me to the band site, but the MP3 link just plays the song without anyone singing the words along with. I'm very good musically, but still can't seem to get how the words go with the notes. I STILL NEED HELP!!

i am too. I have some wicked rythem and improvisational skills, but i don't see at all how the words fit to the song. doesn't make sense to me

i am too. I have some wicked rythem and improvisational skills, but i don't see at all how the words fit to the song. doesn't make sense to me

Does someone have Tommy Lee's number? I'm sure he sung it numerous times while he was here. ;)

Does someone have Tommy Lee's number? I'm sure he sung it numerous times while he was here. ;)

how bout a student? surely a student on here could fill us in..

part of your problems may be because that version cited above isn't what matches what I have sung:

Hail to the Team,

Hail to the Scarlet and Cream,

Cheers for a victory,

Echo our loyalty, So on mighty men,

We're gonna triumph again,

Fight on for Victory,

Hail to the men of Nebraska U.

I am in the Men's Choir at UNL and that's kinda our song, so I'll see if I can find our music or a recording of us. There are many versions of this song.

:hellloooo

Ok..Raise your hands.

How many of you even knew there were words to this one?

After listening to it with words (For the 1st time) they need to shorten the last line.

I 1st thought you meant the Dear Old Nebraska U (There Is No Place Like Nebraska)

There is no place like Nebraska,

Dear old Nebraska U.

Where the girls are the fairest,

The boys are the squarest,

Of any old school that I knew.

Where they're all true blue.

We'll all stick together,

In all kinds of weather,

For dear old Nebraska U.

Still got my "Sidetrack" T-Shirt with the lyrics

Wish I could see that BK commercial with Tom Osborn Singing it.

:hellloooo

Ok..Raise your hands.

How many of you even knew there were words to this one?

After listening to it with words (For the 1st time) they need to shorten the last line.

I 1st thought you meant the Dear Old Nebraska U (There Is No Place Like Nebraska)

Dear old Nebraska U.

Where the girls are the fairest,

The boys are the squarest,

Of any old school that I knew.

Where they're all true blue.

We'll all stick together,

In all kinds of weather,

For dear old Nebraska U.

Still got my "Sidetrack" T-Shirt with the lyrics

Wish I could see that BK commercial with Tom Osborn Singing it.

Oh yeah, I remember that! Tom will probably hate that 'til the day he dies! ;)