A Call to Arms - MU ticketholders this is for you

Guest Huskerboard

The tradition is lost so it doesn't really matter.  Our the kids really busting their ass? I think they feel the same way alot of us fans feel that this whole thing is a joke and these coaches aren't nebraska.

:flush We're all sorry you don't feel special anymore. And, no, you still don't get it.

So why the love affair with Pelini? He is not "NEBRASKA"

Because he is a great coach. Bob devaney wasn't nebraska either as far as being from nebraska but he was everything that nebraska is about and acted as if nebraskan, bo is the same way. He knew the tradition, he had the fire and the love for nebraska. These new coaches are californian's at heart that aren't nebraskan imo. Sorry thats just how I feel. Them coaches, steve pederson,jim rose are all the same to me. They act like their sh!t don't stink and that us fans don't know what a football is and they try to act like they are over us. We know football, we are nebraskans!

The tradition is lost so it doesn't really matter.  Our the kids really busting their ass? I think they feel the same way alot of us fans feel that this whole thing is a joke and these coaches aren't nebraska.

:flush We're all sorry you don't feel special anymore. And, no, you still don't get it.

Wow your a wise wise guy.

I'll give you Peterson but I haven't seen anything but wanting to keep the Husker tradition going. Isn't Wagner from Wayne State? Pretty "NEBRASKA" if you ask me. Cosgrove and Callahan were under Alverez and I think he knows a thing or two about the Big Red. Give Bo a few more years before you call him great. Welcome to the SEC Mr. Pelini. :)

I would say wagner so far has been the best assistant hire so far. Yes he coached 2 years at wayne state in the mid 90's. I wouldn't call callahan to nebraskan by just the way he acts and talks and coaches. Getting rid of the walk on program, getting rid of not getting nebraska kids, getting rid of the smashmouth option offense, getting rid of the unity council. Just because they know alvarez doesn't mean they are nebraskan. Alvarez moreless said cosgrove sucks.

Getting rid of the walk on program, getting rid of not getting nebraska kids

bullsh#t and bullsh#t.

How is that not nebraska and tradition? Get with it and wake up. Is callahan really that smooth of talker that you believe every shittin thing that comes out of his mouth? I suppose you believe that callahan was pederson's first choice and the only one he offered to. I suppose you believe that gill and pelini were actually considered. :flush

What Nebraska Kids do you want on this team? Let me think a Four Star recruit playing in the biggest classes in Texas, Florida, or California. Nope not me give me some kid from St. Edwards instead. :wacko: Didn't Osborne use to throw the ball? That was before "NEBRASKA" tradition started I guess. How does Callahan talk and act? Is he more stuck on himself then "The Great Bo".

Getting rid of the walk on program, getting rid of not getting nebraska kids

bullsh#t and bullsh#t.

How is that not nebraska and tradition? Get with it and wake up. Is callahan really that smooth of talker that you believe every shittin thing that comes out of his mouth? I suppose you believe that callahan was pederson's first choice and the only one he offered to. I suppose you believe that gill and pelini were actually considered. :flush

I suppose you think the only way to play football in Nebraska is your way?

I never said either were not "tradition".

There is still a walk on program in Nebraska. Saying there isn't is a out and out lie. Players can still walk on and make the team if they are good enough. The difference is that we won't have a bunch of fat hanging off the team. Same goes for Nebraska native players. If you think that Callahan won't go after good players, no matter where they are you are crazy. Is the idea that maybe there are no really good players coming out of the state really that hard to swallow for you?

You want good recruiting but at the same time you want the team to have some kids from Nebraska just because they are from Nebraska. That's bullsh#t.

You wake up and you get with it. Pelini, Solich or any of the other guys from who's nuts you are swinging are not coming back. Never ever ever ever ever ever. Your beloved option game might be back in the future, I don't know. For the record, I tool like the option game, but I realize there is more than one way to do it.

I have never ever said that I think Callahan is the guy for sure. I have said time and time again that I will give my opinion on that after he has more than a couple seasons under his belt. No matter who the coach is, that's only fair. You on the other hand are so against anything but what you think is "Nebraska Football" that you are unwilling to give anything else a fighting chance. You also have gone so far as to say former coaches would have the team undefeated at this point. I can't think of a more pointless argument. Will we ever know? No. So what's the point?

Who gives a flyin f#*k what number Callahan was? That's neither here nor there at this point. What's done is done. Get over it. Move on or move out.

If this all works out and we are on top again under Callahan, don't come here talking up the team. Just don't. It would be an insult to the team and to the rest of the Husker Nation that didn't jump ship the moment the boat started to rock.

What Nebraska Kids do you want on this team? Let me think a Four Star recruit playing in the biggest classes in Texas, Florida, or California. Nope not me give me some kid from St. Edwards instead. :wacko: Didn't Osborne use to throw the ball? That was before "NEBRASKA" tradition started I guess. How does Callahan talk and act? Is he more stuck on himself then "The Great Bo".

Osborne threw it alil but was def. run first. I'm not saying we have to get alot of nebraska kids but you need to recruit the top one's hard. This year we are offering two and aren't pursuing them to hard at all. We don't go after walk-ons anymore because he doesn't want much of a walk on program anymore.

We've won alot of games with walk-ons and nebraska kids. Sure you need some speed from florida and texas to mix with them but the nebraska kids know what it's all about. Ask brandon rigoni.

Nebraska High schools are just so far behind now. Nobody throws the ball in this state. Horne was considered a 4 star recruit look how he turned out.

Compare any Nebraska HS football to those big states and we would get killed

Thats because we are nebraska, we are a running state. I believe a school from olsen's team was rated in the top 20 last year overall in high school last year. Sure we don't have the size of state that others have but we have some very good players. Just as good as we had 10 years ago.