Huskers Win!!! 24-3

Big time win. Defense came up big time, crowd showed up, Callahan didnt fold in the 2nd.... just a very solid all around performance. Offense didnt produce, but then again MU does/did allegedly have the #1 D in the Big 12 so....

where does this leave us... is this a sign of things to come, or will we revert back to our on again off again trend... can we keep this momentum and cruise to KC? What now!!??

Game pix

The defense came to play today. B smith did get some yards in the second half, but the defense was playing PREVENT and it did exactly what it was designed to. PREVENT THE BIG PLAY.

Special teams aren't so "special" anymore. No doubt.

We got dinged big time on those two pass interference calls. Good thing is the defense continued to step up when it had to. Although I think it's BS that the ref's started calling that all of a sudden when there were at least 2 other times where it could have been called. All I ask out of a ref is consistency.

The offense again couldn't produce. The plays were there. If you say they weren't, you were wearing blinders. It was either A) The throw wasn't there, or B) The receiver made a piss poor effort to adjust to a ball that wasn't thrown perfectly. I don't see throwing one arm up in the air an all out effort to catch the ball, MULKEY!! C'mon now.

The offensive line was blowing Missou off the ball early. That dissipated late in the 2nd half. Ross's 80+ yard scamper after the INT was huge. Great run, splitting the two Missou defenders down the field.

Besides being part of not making any plays on offense, what really pissed me off was how Dailey just ran out of bounds 3 yards short of the first down in the second half. That's BS. He makes a move, he has the first down. I can't stand that.I don't know if he is taught to do that. Either way I think it's BS.

I only saw the fourth quarter because I was at practice with my youth football team. I loved the announcers comment that Brad Smith would be spending quite a bit of time in whirlpool tomorrow. We must have laid some serious hits on him. I was concerned about some of the play of our d.b.'s on the last drive that put Miz 1st and goal. Granted the first P.I. call was bull, but we were not FINISHING. Mcpherson concerned me a bit (fell down in the end zone leaving receiver wide open). That last drive had nothing to do with schemes, but rather obvious player breakdowns. We have to ride this wave of momentum through the rest of the season.

GBR...for better or worse!

p.s. Pelini and co. got lucky against Ok St. (gave up 35 points).

I only saw the fourth quarter because I was at practice with my youth football team. I loved the announcers comment that Brad Smith would be spending quite a bit of time in whirlpool tomorrow. We must have laid some serious hits on him. I was concerned about some of the play of our d.b.'s on the last drive that put Miz 1st and goal. Granted the first P.I. call was bull, but we were not FINISHING. Mcpherson concerned me a bit (fell down in the end zone leaving receiver wide open). That last drive had nothing to do with schemes, but rather obvious player breakdowns. We have to ride this wave of momentum through the rest of the season.

GBR...for better or worse!

p.s. Pelini and co. got lucky against Ok St. (gave up 35 points).

I 'll tell you what Brad Smith is a tough kid. Huskers hit him hard today..

Final score OU 38 OST35????????

Regarding the passing - both teams had trouble with accuracy, which would indicate that the wind was the main reason. The difference, aside from the special team play, was the ability to maintain a running game.

But, again, that's supposed to be the strength of the West Coast offense - use whatever weapon will work. Today it was the run.