4 years and still....

cant compete with top caliber teams. Frank got fired for this reason and BC gets an extension for it.

Tonight was sad. Now I understand USC is the no.1 team in the nation but i think i can atlest expect after 4 years of BC that we could just compete with them for more than one quarter.

Ok you can have 2 excuses for tonight.

A) BC is not a very good coach-he doesnt get his players to play at a very high level like carol for example

B)USC had superior talent-thats understandable but you are telling me after 4 years of BCs high level recruiting we cant atleast stay in the game with a no.1 team for more than one quarter? thats ridiculous

Switch coaches

Would Carroll win this game for NU?

No way. They have way too much talent. 5 top shelf RBs, a very good OL and a Heisman candidate QB, not to mention a D that returned 10 starters, most of which were all Pac-10, if not All-American..

We were pretty much doomed from the start.

Switch coaches

No but he would have came much much closer. Carol got to where he is by being able to get 3 and 4 star players to play at a 5 star level. Now the 5 stars all wanna go to USC and pete gets them to play at their highest potential. We are never gonna be able to recruit like USC until we start to develop players better. under cally 3 star players play like 3 star players, carol is able to get more out of his players. Heck look at the five star players from BCs recruiting classes would you say they are playing like 5 star players? is lucky playing like the 2nd best back from his class? Not even close

I thought the offensive play calling was decent tonight. USC defense was very good and we broke down in execution a few times. I am very pleased with the play of the WR. I thought tonight was the best I have seen in our WR corps for a while.

OL had issues with the running game and neither Lucky nor Glenn were decisive enough.

With respect to the defense....it simply reminded me of a Craig Bohl defense....plain and simple.....wasn't he a read and react guy too?

I thought the offensive play calling was decent tonight. USC defense was very good and we broke down in execution a few times. I am very pleased with the play of the WR. I thought tonight was the best I have seen in our WR corps for a while.

OL had issues with the running game and neither Lucky nor Glenn were decisive enough.

With respect to the defense....it simply reminded me of a Craig Bohl defense....plain and simple.....wasn't he a read and react guy too?

Switch coaches

No but he would have came much much closer. Carol got to where he is by being able to get 3 and 4 star players to play at a 5 star level. Now the 5 stars all wanna go to USC and pete gets them to play at their highest potential. We are never gonna be able to recruit like USC until we start to develop players better. under cally 3 star players play like 3 star players, carol is able to get more out of his players. Heck look at the five star players from BCs recruiting classes would you say they are playing like 5 star players? is lucky playing like the 2nd best back from his class? Not even close

Let's not forget PC is in year #7.

BC had to start really worse than from scratch. He had very little talent to work with, AND had to fit square pegs into round holes in '04. Everyone wants Meyer- or Stoops-like success with a NC title run in the first 2-4 years. Sorry, folks... not everyone gets that.

We'll just have to be patient. We're still 2 or 3 years away from that.

time to start forking out money for better defensive coaches Nu is too cheap need to adopt alabama's attitude. alabama should be an example they spared no expense in getting nick saban, and it's already working.

Switch coaches

BC had to start really worse than from scratch. He had very little talent to work with, AND had to fit square pegs into round holes in '04. Everyone wants Meyer- or Stoops-like success with a NC title run in the first 2-4 years. Sorry, folks... not everyone gets that.

It would help to have a defensive coordinator that could coordinate Coz is not the answer.

Switch coaches

It would help to have a defensive coordinator that could coordinate Coz is not the answer.

Truthfully, I DID expect more LB plugging and blitzing.