Whos going to Lawrence?

My GF got me tix to the KU game and I was just wondering who else is going and if there are gonna be any pre-game festivities. It seems like an appropriate gift because I went on our first date midway through the KU game last year and my TIVO cut out before the OT was over. Man, was I upset. Looks like she will finally make it up to me.

That was very nice of your grandfather to get those for you. You better respect his burial wishes for that.

I am going down with about 5-10 other 20 somethings. We always get a tailgate spot directly across from the stadium. Parking is 30 bucks and its always a great time. PM me if your interested in details or if you want to get togther for beers before hand youre more than welcome. Were planning on having a keg.

I am going down with about 5-10 other 20 somethings. We always get a tailgate spot directly across from the stadium. Parking is 30 bucks and its always a great time. PM me if your interested in details or if you want to get togther for beers before hand youre more than welcome. Were planning on having a keg.

Where exactly are you going to be? I would love it if my wife and I could join you. (even though she is a KU grad). We can bring whatever you need us to.

Where exactly are you going to be? I would love it if my wife and I could join you. (even though she is a KU grad). We can bring whatever you need us to.

Count me in too. husker 76- He asked for a PM so it may be the best way to get ahold of him.

A couple of days ago tix were still available on KU's webpage. They are asking $75 each. They know the 'skers will pay it. They are charging $35 for non con and $45 for other conference games if I remember correctly. Check it out but until 2 years ago I NEVER paid face value for a KU game in Lawrence. Always someone trying to dump or I got comped by customers.

Don't pay it and watch it on the hill for free. With a radio it's not a bad seat but they have construction issues this year but I'm told there still is some good spots to watch up there. It is a beautiful campus so if you've never been it's worth the trip. Just a little over 3 1/4 hours drive from Lincoln or Omaha.

Tailgate tip. Our Topeka Alumni/Fanclub is having a tailgate party in Lot 90. Parking in this lot is free and first come first served. We are co-hosting the party with the Wichita Club and Lot 90 is directly east of Allen Fieldhouse and the baseball complex. But, the event will be a 'members only' but you can join our club for $17 year unless you belong to the NAA and you save $2. If you have any interest at all let me know and I'll forward info to you. What will be provided and at what cost TBD. BTW, there is a free shuttle from the parking lot to the Stadium both ways.

There is a map of parking on KU's website to help you preplan your own tailgating. We called the ADept and they said it was OK to come in and start partying 3 hours before kick. :corndance

• 1 month later...

A couple of days ago tix were still available on KU's webpage. They are asking $75 each. They know the 'skers will pay it. They are charging $35 for non con and $45 for other conference games if I remember correctly. Check it out but until 2 years ago I NEVER paid face value for a KU game in Lawrence. Always someone trying to dump or I got comped by customers.

Don't pay it and watch it on the hill for free. With a radio it's not a bad seat but they have construction issues this year but I'm told there still is some good spots to watch up there. It is a beautiful campus so if you've never been it's worth the trip. Just a little over 3 1/4 hours drive from Lincoln or Omaha.

Tailgate tip. Our Topeka Alumni/Fanclub is having a tailgate party in Lot 90. Parking in this lot is free and first come first served. We are co-hosting the party with the Wichita Club and Lot 90 is directly east of Allen Fieldhouse and the baseball complex. But, the event will be a 'members only' but you can join our club for $17 year unless you belong to the NAA and you save $2. If you have any interest at all let me know and I'll forward info to you. What will be provided and at what cost TBD. BTW, there is a free shuttle from the parking lot to the Stadium both ways.

There is a map of parking on KU's website to help you preplan your own tailgating. We called the ADept and they said it was OK to come in and start partying 3 hours before kick. :corndance

Update: We are sold out...I hope the tips above help with pre game preparations with your parking and shuttle to the game. We cannot accomodate any walk ups game day. Sorry!