Who do the majority of South Dakota people pull for?

hskrdedhed

I live in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and you see a mix of fans around here. Of course you have your bandwagon fans. But I would say it is split between the Iowa Schools and the Huskers. I myself am a Huge Husker fan, born in raised in O'Neill.

Champps Bar and Grill is an awesome place to catch a Husker game on Saturday. The place is packed with RED!!! Hope this provides some insight.

Here in Yankton there are a lot of Husker fans and yet we have our Husker haters, too. There are a lot of Michigan fans here which lately have been pretty quite. Also Erstad is from North Dakota and thanks for the info on watching the games in Sioux Falls, at times I am forced to go shopping with the wife so that info will come in handy. As far as pro football teams, the area is split between the Chiefs, Vikes, & Bears. The pro baseball teams are about the same Royals, Twins & Cubs. I was born and raised with Husker blood flowing through my veins in Genoa, NE and spent some time in the Air Force before settling in Yankton some 27 years ago.

:bonez

As a South Dakotan myself, I would say that I see a large number of Husker fans. I think if they are Husker haters it is either because they went to a competing school like Iowa State (or another large school like Minnesota) or they don't like college football in general and grew up around fanatical Husker fans that must have annoyed them somewhere along the way.

I am an NU grad and I have numerous frat brothers that now are very successful businessmen/professionals in Sioux Falls.

I also know of a Black Hills, SD grad and a SF resident that is buying my family's season tickets this year, last 4 years, and next ? years to take his business customers to Lincoln. The demand to go to Lincoln has been VERY good for his business.