Best Back in the Big 12

gamecocks

Peterson should not win the heisman if you are comparing his stats to Dayne. My point was that Dayne had an incredible freshman season and didn't get hardly any plublicity. If Peterson puts up the same numbers that Dayne put up then I don't see why you would award him with the heisman. The heisman is suppose to go to the most valuable player. If you can remember all the way back to last year, Oklahoma was in the national championship game, I don't know if you can say that if they didn't have peterson this year that they would not be where they are now. I think that if you take Morency off of Okie State then they have at least three less wins and maybe more. So your point that Peterson will win the heisman is wrong and that if he does win it then it is a shame and people forgot what the Heisman trophy is actually suppose to represent.

Let's not forget though that Peterson put up over 200 yards on Texas.

Peterson should not win the heisman if you are comparing his stats to Dayne. My point was that Dayne had an incredible freshman season and didn't get hardly any plublicity. If Peterson puts up the same numbers that Dayne put up then I don't see why you would award him with the heisman. The heisman is suppose to go to the most valuable player. If you can remember all the way back to last year, Oklahoma was in the national championship game, I don't know if you can say that if they didn't have peterson this year that they would not be where they are now. I think that if you take Morency off of Okie State then they have at least three less wins and maybe more. So your point that Peterson will win the heisman is wrong and that if he does win it then it is a shame and people forgot what the Heisman trophy is actually suppose to represent.

Yeah, he had a great game that day but does that mean that he is suppose to win the heisman.

Yeah, he had a great game that day but does that mean that he is suppose to win the heisman.

True, but because of Whites performance yesterday at QB, it is going to be very difficult for either of them to win becuase in essence, there going to cancel each others votes out. Penn St had that problem in 1994 with Ki Jana Carter and Collins the QB.

I agree. If any body should of won it as a freshman it should of been Ron Dayne. He had 2109 yards as a freshman with 21 rushing touchdowns and that is not including bowl games.
As a freshman, Dayne joined a group of only 10 other players to rush for more than 2,000 yards in a season (including bowl games) when he gained 2,109. Dayne averaged 6.5 yards per carry that season, set an NCAA record for yards in consecutive games (628) when he rushed for 289 vs. Illinois and 339 vs. Hawaii and scored a school-record 21 touchdowns.

His total of 1,863 yards during the regular season broke Herschel Walker's NCAA mark for freshmen (1,616 yards) set in 1980.

As you can see your wrong on your facts. Dayne only had around 1800 in regular season and that is with 2 ungodly games. Pederson has 1272 yards with 3 games left. I'm guessing he will be right about at daynes numbers and will be on the best team in the nation which means alot in the heisman race. Throw in the big 12 game and bowl game and he is going to have over 2000 aswell.

He is the best back in the big 12 and in the nation.

Your wrong so give up. Get over it.

Peterson is good but doesn't Benson have better stats across the board? Who cares how Ron Dayne got his yards the point is he got them. He averaged 6.5 yards a carry. I don't believe he had a quarterback as good as White playing with him either. Peterson needs to average right around 190 for the last four games(counting big 12 if they make it). He has done that twice this year. He would also need to score 12 more touchdowns to catch Dayne also. Peterson is not the best freshman to ever play so it would kind of be a joke if he is the first to win the Heisman. It's kind of like when Woodson won. There were people more deserving before him. Oh and both you guys having Garnett ahead of Duncan is a joke. All I have to say about that is count the ring on one hand and they amount on the other.

J.J Arrington has more yards, more touchdowns, almost a whole yard more per carry than Peterson. So I wouldn't say that Peterson is the best back.

looking at a stat sheet doesn't tell you everything. sit down and watch some football sober and learn.

And without overpowering bias.

Peterson hands down wins the Heisman.