Keller/Lucky records

Although it looked like I would have to eat my words after his performance at Wake, I stick with my prediction before the season started - every one of Zac's and the older passing records will fall this year. Unfortunately, that prediction was made with the assumption that the Blackshirts wouldn't be on vacation when this miracle occured, but.....

Lucky falls after first contact. He's okay in the open field. He's fast and he can find holes, but he can't pound people. Just not a very tough runner.

Yeah he's finesse, but he's not a run over the top of you runner and that's definately going to hurt him in the pro's eyes.

Lets just say he not in the top 15 Husker running backs of all time but better then some we had since 2000.

Lucky falls after first contact. He's okay in the open field. He's fast and he can find holes, but he can't pound people. Just not a very tough runner.

Yeah he's finesse, but he's not a run over the top of you runner and that's definately going to hurt him in the pro's eyes.

Lets just say he not in the top 15 Husker running backs of all time but better then some we had since 2000.

I agree...............he's a good receiving and blocking back and if the holes are big he's good there as well, but he's not good and clawing and scratching for yards.

Although it looked like I would have to eat my words after his performance at Wake, I stick with my prediction before the season started - every one of Zac's and the older passing records will fall this year. Unfortunately, that prediction was made with the assumption that the Blackshirts wouldn't be on vacation when this miracle occured, but.....

Yeah but if the "Blackshirts" keep giving up 1-2 four play drives for touchdowns every game, Keller will have the ball a lot this year... :hmmph

Lucky could probably do a better job of "creating" his own opportunities for yardage. I was watching Marion Barber for the Cowboys last night and saw him escape certain doom on several occasions. NFL-caliber running backs refuse to quit. Lucky is quick and can bust one or two good moves to juke a guy in the open field, but if he is corralled around the line of scrimmage the play is going nowhere (with a recent exception being that 3rd and short that he converted on the game-winning drive on Saturday). I don't know if it's just a matter of determination or some intangible that he lacks, but Marlon Lucky seems to be pretty easy to bring down. I wonder what his yards after contact are for his career. My guess is that they account for less than half of his career rushing yards.

Still, I think he's a good back for our offense and is an excellent pass-blocker. He is a sure-handed receiver, too. I think he's our best back and will be for the remainder of this season as well as the next. There's no way he's going pro next year. He still has a lot to prove.