Larry Asante

It's hard for me to lay all that much blame on the secondary.

I know, we gave up a lot of yards through the air, but Nate Davis had ALL DAY to stand in the pocket and throw, the few times one of our D Linemen broke through, Davis easily escaped the pocket and made throws on the run.

You can only expect a secondary to cover receivers for so long, after 5, 6, 7 seconds and the QB is still standing there with no pressure, its unfair to blame our DBs...sure, they didn't have a great game...but they're young, and with a LITTLE pass rush I think they would have done much better...

...also hurt big time that our best DB was on the bench

He needs to be benched.

No he does not. he is a sophomore and is the one that the staff has invested in. he is the guy for the next few years and he simply needs to get used to things. He was and is a fine athlete and has skills. But consider his position --- he is new, the defense is complicated, he is inexperienced in terms of knowing where he should be and he is in the middle of a shell-shocked defense that has been really, really, really toasted. the confidence and the shock of all that and the pressure to succeed (trying too hard) is a load for a 19 year old kid. he needs to simply play through it and, as he does, we should root him on o at every turn.

Put yourself into his cleats --- 80,000 fans screaming, you are 19 (or 20, whatever) and the blackshirt tradition is at stake --- your team is getting smoked and you just have to make that play.....

It is not an easy time for the NU kids --- especially those on defense, and especially those on defense who are new.

but they chose to play here....if they cant take the pressure then go play dII ball somewhere....as far as benching him, i would give thenarse a chance next week to see what he can do

where are all the 'mad-chemistry' blitzing safety, different looks, etc...schemes that coz was talking about at the beginning of the year?

if Davis had all day to pass and we have 5 d-backs that could be on the field, why didn't we blitz to put pressure on?

i only listened to the game on the radio and the announcers were only saying he was scrambling around a bit to find time and that the d-line couldn't get off blocks.

WHERE IS THE SCHEME? WHERE ARE THE ADJUSTMENTS? WHEN ARE WE GOING TO CONFUSE THE OPPONENT ON DEFENSE INSTEAD OF THE OTHER WAY AROUND? WHEN? WHEN?

I think about 3/4 of our defense needs to have a seat!!!! It can't get much worse so put some of the talented guys that everyone seems to think don't know anything in there and see how they do. Octavien, Dillard, Brandenburg, Potter, Suh, and Grixby were the only ones that I saw make plays the whole game. How about Grixby floating through the air to break that pass up!!!! :hellloooo