Halo 3

picked it up last night. played it til 4am.

man, i loves me some halo... and this time, they got it right.

• So far, all you play is the Master Chief, none of that half-n-half stuff from halo 2.
  • did some say warthogs? oh, yah... start your engines, boys! lots of vehicles that are just damned fun to drive.
  • Earth Forces get their own version of a wraith called a hornet. very VERY fun to fly.
  • graphics? truly spectacular! makes

halo 3 is everything that you loved in halo 1 and amped.

almost makes me not regret standing in the rain for an hour waiting for BBuy to open at midnight. did get a nifty hat tho. and walking pneumonia. but hey, thems the breaks.

I only got to play campaign for about an hour last night...but it's sweeeeeeeeet. I love all the new weapons (can someone say removable turret!) I quickly got rid of the pistol after realizing how long it takes between shots...not as rapid as the Halo 2 version. I never understood why everyone liked the Halo 1 version. Halo 2's plasma pistol and regular pistol were a lethal combination. The BR seems more powerful...or I'm just bad ass at it. I'm still trying to get used to all the new equipment options that you pick up though...I'm confused as to what a few of them are, but like I said I've only played for a bit. And the shields feel like they deplete faster, but that may be just me.

Also trying to get used to the new controls. I keep wanting to reload with X to find I'm wasting one of my equipment items. The control of Master Chief and the fights seem pretty much the same....it felt good to get back into the fight! Definitely glad I picked this game up...can't wait to try multiplayer mode (I might just have to get Xbox Live)

I never understood why everyone liked the Halo 1 version. Halo 2's plasma pistol and regular pistol were a lethal combination.

A lot of people prefer Halo 1 because it is more of a tactical multiplayer game than Halo 2, which is more of a "twitch" multiplayer game that is mostly about who sees who first and who has the quickest reflexes.

So far, I think Halo 3 is in between 1 and 2, but probably a little closer to 2 than 1. 3's weapons are all a lot more balanced than 2....

I never understood why everyone liked the Halo 1 version. Halo 2's plasma pistol and regular pistol were a lethal combination.

A lot of people prefer Halo 1 because it is more of a tactical multiplayer game than Halo 2, which is more of a "twitch" multiplayer game that is mostly about who sees who first and who has the quickest reflexes.

So far, I think Halo 3 is in between 1 and 2, but probably a little closer to 2 than 1. 3's weapons are all a lot more balanced than 2....

sorry, I was just talking about the pistol of Halo 1....all the games have been good and have evolved quite well as a trilogy. It's just the old pistol (and this one in Halo 3) that I never seemed to like. The one in Halo 2 had a quicker reload time and used strategically you could do some damage with it.