listen up husker nation

Who will start quarterback next year?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Trying to call out people to 'grow up' by telling them to 'shut the f-*k up', 'chill-out' and 'go plant some corn'.....interesting tactic. Oh and I think you mean it looks like we COULD finish with 10 wins this season. Reality check - we's gonna has to do some work to get through the rest of our schedule w/ 7 wins.

Yay, another "I'm a better fan than you" thread.

Looks like someone who is asking about QB's, and just trying to fire up the defense. What are you doing?

Oh, yeah. I forgot.

Glad you're having fun with that.

Looks more to me like he attached an unrelated poll to a post chiding us for not being what he considers good fans. You're welcome to your own interpretation though.

No way a Freshman starts in this offense next year. Beck only got his 1 start because of an Injury to ZT and no depth at the QB position. There is much more depth now.

As to these QB's I am hard pressed to see how anyone can have a real strong opinion. We have not really seen Witt, except in the spring game. We've heard some good stuff but not enough data to predict much. As for Lee, has he played even in a scrimmage (perhaps he has but I am not sure). So, here too, what can we say. He had good numbers in JC so he looks like a good prospect as well.

Ganz we have seen some and he looks like a leader and that he might be good. Still, though even with Ganz we have not seen enough to really know.

Gabbert --- well, he's in HS and has yet to play even in practice at this level. So, what can be said? He looked great at the camps and seemingly has struggled some this season in HS (too much pressure?). Anyway, he too seems likely promising but again not enough data to really say.

What does seem likely though is that since all four seem to have real prospects of being, at the very least, quite good --- well then we should be encouraged. The QB position will have one or more skilled players (at least) for the next few years --- which of the four, I cannot say, but between them things should be good.

Now, that said, I'd like to see Ganz (or Witt), whichever is the real #2, get some playing time --- at least a drive in every game this year so as to have had some experience for next year.

Also, lets hope that Lee gets healthy (is he already?) and the Gabbert actually signs, stays healthy and come in with some fire and a positive attitude.

And..... thank you for starting a thread that is about football and is positive.