Darn Elton John Concert

I chose a 7th grade dance over a Husker game in 1979. I had my first kiss of my life that night. To this day, I regret not going to the game. If I had tickets to both the concert and the football game, I wouldn't even consider the concert. However, we live in a world of DVR's, TIVO, internet rebroadcasts. Don't let Huskerboard fanatics choose for you. You can still watch or listen to the game after Elton. JUST DON'T ADMIT YOU EVER DID IT.

My Friend is getting married as well this Saturday and I'm in the wedding. The guys broken quite a few Husker Man Laws. I was out on a freakin house boat for his bachelor party and I missed the USC game. Oh well, he's a Notre Dame fan so go figure. The only thing he's going to win this season is a wife.

Soooo, we bought Elton John tickets for this Saturday at the Qwest center. I know I'm not alone - there's got to be others out there who thought we could watch the game during the afternoon, and then go to the concert that night. Well, as fate would have it, Elton starts at 8:00pm and the game starts at 8:15pm.

I'm sure I'll see someone else in the crowd with the earbud in, and I'll ask him for the score when he jumps out of his chair cheering. It will be just like those crazy people who schedule a wedding on a Husker gameday. What are these people thinking??????

Anyone else going to be missing the game Saturday?

Did you seriously ask if you can "do Elton"? :blink:

Soooo, we bought Elton John tickets for this Saturday at the Qwest center. I know I'm not alone - there's got to be others out there who thought we could watch the game during the afternoon, and then go to the concert that night. Well, as fate would have it, Elton starts at 8:00pm and the game starts at 8:15pm.

I'm sure I'll see someone else in the crowd with the earbud in, and I'll ask him for the score when he jumps out of his chair cheering. It will be just like those crazy people who schedule a wedding on a Husker gameday. What are these people thinking??????

Anyone else going to be missing the game Saturday?

Dude...my wife tells me Sunday night. "Oh...I just won Elton john tickets on eBay...for $50...for 2 tickets...isn't that great?!?!"

Me: "Oh ..cool...when is that?"

Her: "Saturday night...8:00..."

Me: "Hmmm...Hope you enjoy the concert..."

She relisted them and sold them for double. Can you say, "BEER money!!!!!!"?

Dude...my wife tells me Sunday night. "Oh...I just won Elton john tickets on eBay...for $50...for 2 tickets...isn't that great?!?!"

Me: "Oh ..cool...when is that?"

Her: "Saturday night...8:00..."

Me: "Hmmm...Hope you enjoy the concert..."

She relisted them and sold them for double. Can you say, "BEER money!!!!!!"?

that's how a convo about this should go :clap