RB/LB Jeff Souder

chucker21

He accepted it.  I don't know about this one.  He seems to get hurt alot.

Getting in the weight room might help him from being injuried.

I promise you Jeff knows the inside of a weightroom. He is a freakin machine, and has an unmatched work ethic. He spent all of last summer training in a Navy Seal boot camp program with his brother, which improved his strength and speed significantly. So this kid knows how to work hard, and isnt afraid of it, or a little contact. His idol is John Lynch if that tells you anything.. :rickjames

Great score for the program. He's a straight gamer.

Bigger is actually what Souder is looking forward to the most, because while he’s a perfectly capable and hearty weight to play free or strong safety, Jeff has his eyes on a different position, one that he said head coach, Bill Callahan stated suited his instincts for the game. "He said I’ve got the instincts to play linebacker." Jeff said. "And, I ‘m telling you, you get me up to 220 or 225 pounds, man, that’s going to be dangerous for the guy carrying the ball."
  • 2 weeks later...

It is awesome to see some more Nebraske bred talent staying instate. it is great we are stealing these guys from OU nad other states, but we need to keep our inside studs too and this guy is one of them. I cna't wait to see him hit at 230-240 pounds. We havent had a big hitter for a while.

Hey Josh,

Love the excitement....Who would you consider the biggest hitter around here in the last say.....10 years???

It is awesome to see some more Nebraske bred talent staying instate. it is great we are stealing these guys from OU nad other states, but we need to keep our inside studs too and this guy is one of them. I cna't wait to see him hit at 230-240 pounds. We havent had a big hitter for a while.

Hey Josh,

Love the excitement....Who would you consider the biggest hitter around here in the last say.....10 years???

Don't know about Josh, but my vote goes to HuskerBob - hits the bottle, hits the "can" every morning at work, hits my funny bone with his posts, hits...well, you get the idea! ;)