Weight:200

40 time:4.55

Visit Date: none

Scholarships offered: none

Favorites: Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: NR/**

Insiders: NR

Assessing the talent: Strong and Intense. Does everything for his team, except kick extra points. He went to San Diego this past summer to workout with his brother, a NAVY SEAL.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 80% (possible walk-on) He is waiting for offers. Some would say he is gettin a little agitated for lack of attention.

Anyone read the article on jeff souder from Bellevue west in the world herald the other day. This kid is amazing. he averages 15 tackles a game and boy can this kid hit. I went to the bellevue west vs east game and watched him. he is an all around ball player, the only play he isnt in for is pat's. He has been contacted by the huskers to play outside linebacker anyone else know about him.

Also it said in the paper that he went through seal training with his brother.

Anyone else really heard anything? Or what do you think about him? I bet someone could find the article on the internet and read it and post it on here

• 1 month later...

A Souder update.

"He's the best player we've ever had here, period," Faiman said.

Thats a pretty big statement, considering BWest has produced the likes of Clester Johnson, Erick Strickland & Willie Miller.

Recruiting watch

BY STEVEN M. SIPPLE

It makes sense that Bellevue West standout Jeff Souder's football idol is hard-hitting Denver Broncos safety John Lynch.

"He plays like Lynch," Thunderbird head coach John Faiman said Wednesday.

In other words, Faiman said, Souder "plays tough."

"He's the nicest mean kid there is," Faiman said.

A running back and strong safety, the 6-foot-1, 200-pound Souder is regarded as one of the top players in the state. He's drawn recruiting attention from Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, Iowa State and North Dakota State, among others, but has yet to land a scholarship offer.

Faiman wouldn't be surprised if that changes soon.

"He's the best player we've ever had here, period," Faiman said.

Souder has rushed for 1,088 yards and 17 touchdowns. He could play offense or defense in college, probably as a strong safety or outside linebacker.

Although Nebraska hasn't offered him a scholarship, Souder told rivals.com that Husker recruiting coordinator Scott Downing "was talking to me and says they are getting close to offering me as an athlete." Faiman has no doubt Souder can play NCAA Division I football. And Faiman would know — he's been an assistant coach at Washington State, Missouri, Utah and Kansas State.

"Jeff's a football player — you can just leave it at that," Faiman said

I go to bellevue west where jeff plays I can't even began to express how good this kid is. I urge you all to come out to buell stadium and watch this kid. Not only how well he plays but how he contributes to this team. I am not gonna lie to you, he is our team. If you get the omaha world herald he is plastered all over it. I think the paper talks more about him then zach potter. I havent seen potter play but i am tellin you if you haven't seen this kid you have to see him on monday night when we play millard north.

I hang out with the kid so i talk alot to him and he said that husker coaches dont even like appreciate how good this kid is. After a 196 yard rushing day for 4 touch downs in the second half against westside he went to the missouri football game and they asked him how he played? Did they not see his name plastered all over the paper.

I am tellin you if nebraska doesnt pick up this kid, it'll only add fuel to his fire and this kid is goin to contribute where ever he goes. And nebraska will miss him.

And i kno another reason why he wants to make it to the state finals. He wants to go to memorial stadium and run all over prep and make sure callahan see's him do it.

Zach potter is amazing but i dunno jeff is too. Mark my words this day.

I know we have alot of Irons in the fire...but BC and the boys really need to offer this kid a ride.....Nebraska has very few D-1 players coming up right now and I don't want anyone to go to KSU or ISU....or even CU....we have more scholarships this year than most....Lets take a shot with a kid we know is N.....we know he will contribute and stay outta of trouble....this is the type of Kid we need on Defense....Put 30 pounds of muscle and give him a red shirt...when he gets in the special teams plays as a sophmore we will have something...I just think BC is trying to be a little cute with the instate players....I know we don't need to be offering to guys just because they are instate....but he can play.........if Panico gets a ride, then this kids deserves a shot....WTF BC?

• 3 weeks later...