for those of you that say we cant fire Coz now...

The team is just all out terrible.

Is the O even as good as people think? I dont think so. What were there...18 penalties on the HUskers? Coach C teaches discipline...where was that tonite?

The D...Poor tackling, they looked confused on half the plays, no fire. All things a coach can fix, but have yet to do so.

maybe I'm a pessimist, but this season is already lost. Why not bring in someone right away. Give hime the rest of the season to get a start on his new D scheme. If Coz has all this great talent he recruited, a different coach could maybe do something with it??

Bring someone in from outside the program? Do the people you've mentioned even want the job of DC at Nebraska, or is that just who you'd like to see? If they don't want the job, then who do we get? Nobody from another school in the middle of the football season. So we'd be promoting from inside.

Well, then we get the staff we've got NOW!!! Remember how we got here???? "Fire current coach and then hire....ah, well, ah...... somebody must want the job" "Wait, after 5 or 10 tries I've found us a coach" AND, "I refuse to let this program gravitate .....yadda, yadda, yadda... BIG TOOTHY SMILE!!! :o))

Getting rid of Coz isn't going to happen unless you get rid of the guy who brought him along and you can't get rid of him unless you dump the guy who brought Cally along. If you are really going to to do it you have to get rid of the three stooges all at once. There are quite a few of old die hard husker coaches who just might be up to the task of lending their expertise in helping out their beloved Huskers. Husker football is dead and all we have left is one cheap replica. You want names, McBride is enjoying his retirement and giving helpful hints to CU. (you can tell can't you) Tenpior, perhaps to lend his some advice. Some of our old players who have jumped to the coaching ranks would be nice. They at least know what Husker football is all about. Lets call Rathman, a decent call for a running back coach. I bet he would limit his running game to "a hand off to Lucky". Trev is sitting around and very intelligent, Jason Peters getting into the coaching game. There has to be some men out there to save this sinking ship that Pederson has sent down the river. T.O. would be a great intern A.D. Where's Ron Brown, Turner Gill? Where is Tony Samuels? NU isn't going to win anymore games this year, we might as well get it moving in the right direction, but lets first get rid of Pederson and get headed where we need to be, playing Husker football.

maybe I'm a pessimist, but this season is already lost. Why not bring in someone right away. Give hime the rest of the season to get a start on his new D scheme. If Coz has all this great talent he recruited, a different coach could maybe do something with it??

Bring someone in from outside the program? Do the people you've mentioned even want the job of DC at Nebraska, or is that just who you'd like to see? If they don't want the job, then who do we get? Nobody from another school in the middle of the football season. So we'd be promoting from inside.

Well, then we get the staff we've got NOW!!! Remember how we got here???? "Fire current coach and then hire....ah, well, ah...... somebody must want the job" "Wait, after 5 or 10 tries I've found us a coach" AND, "I refuse to let this program gravitate .....yadda, yadda, yadda... BIG TOOTHY SMILE!!! :o))

Which is a very good reason why I don't see much benefit to removing Coz mid-season and using someone from inside the program.

promote within then to finish off the season and go from there. Huskernation is getting pissed, and if they fire Coz now, at least HuskerNation knows change has come. It will at least give us something to maybe look forward to the rest of the season?

I try to be optomistic, but with a sputtering O and no D the road ahead looks bleak.

Getting rid of Coz isn't going to happen unless you get rid of the guy who brought him along and you can't get rid of him unless you dump the guy who brought Cally along. If you are really going to to do it you have to get rid of the three stooges all at once. There are quite a few of old die hard husker coaches who just might be up to the task of lending their expertise in helping out their beloved Huskers. Husker football is dead and all we have left is one cheap replica. You want names, McBride is enjoying his retirement and giving helpful hints to CU. (you can tell can't you) Tenpior, perhaps to lend his some advice. Some of our old players who have jumped to the coaching ranks would be nice. They at least know what Husker football is all about. Lets call Rathman, a decent call for a running back coach. I bet he would limit his running game to "a hand off to Lucky". Trev is sitting around and very intelligent, Jason Peters getting into the coaching game. There has to be some men out there to save this sinking ship that Pederson has sent down the river. T.O. would be a great intern A.D. Where's Ron Brown, Turner Gill? Where is Tony Samuels? NU isn't going to win anymore games this year, we might as well get it moving in the right direction, but lets first get rid of Pederson and get headed where we need to be, playing Husker football.

nonsense. total nonsense. of course you can replace just the DC. that type of crap happens all of the time

While I'm not sure Wyatt would make a good DC, I wouldn't want to lose him from the D-line coaching spot. I think he can turn out good lines, especially in a better overall defensive scheme. If we did promote Wyatt just to Interim DC, would he be willing to go back to D-Line coach if we went shopping for a new DC at the end of the season?

I'd be willing to bet that most of the previous alumn would be more than willing to help out. Husker Pride doesnt fade, and if called upon, past players would do what they could to help out. Get the ball rollin now. The ship has already sunk...take the 4-2 record for what its worth. I had high expectations (5-1,6-0) for the year so far, with blowout wins and a tight game with USC. Minus Nevada, what has this team showed? Character? yeah, scaping to get past crappy teams.

While I'm not sure Wyatt would make a good DC, I wouldn't want to lose him from the D-line coaching spot. I think he can turn out good lines, especially in a better overall defensive scheme. If we did promote Wyatt just to Interim DC, would he be willing to go back to D-Line coach if we went shopping for a new DC at the end of the season?

coulndt hurt to ask, could it?

Which is a very good reason why I don't see much benefit to removing Coz mid-season and using someone from inside the program.

Whatever, you tell me WHO we're going to beat to get "bowl eligible"!!! Go ahead big fella let us know who!! So, if we don't get anymore wins we're screwed and since (I at least, and it doesn't appear that I'm alone) think that we may not win another game...... WHAT DIF DOES IT MAKE IF HE GOES NOW????? I'm done talking to you because you really sound like a Steve P. "yes man" and Lord knows there are too many of those around here. They DO appear to becoming fewer with each passing week... LMAO

I'd be willing to bet that most of the previous alumn would be more than willing to help out. Husker Pride doesnt fade, and if called upon, past players would do what they could to help out. Get the ball rollin now. The ship has already sunk...take the 4-2 record for what its worth. I had high expectations (5-1,6-0) for the year so far, with blowout wins and a tight game with USC. Minus Nevada, what has this team showed?

Being willing to help out and turning you life upside down on almost no notice to go take over as DC at Nebraska are two very different things. I'm sure all these people have responsibilities elsewhere...it's not like being DC is a part time job.

I'm done talking to you

What a shame. :sarcasm

I'd be willing to bet that most of the previous alumn would be more than willing to help out. Husker Pride doesnt fade, and if called upon, past players would do what they could to help out. Get the ball rollin now. The ship has already sunk...take the 4-2 record for what its worth. I had high expectations (5-1,6-0) for the year so far, with blowout wins and a tight game with USC. Minus Nevada, what has this team showed?

Being willing to help out and turning you life upside down on almost no notice to go take over as DC at Nebraska are two very different things. I'm sure all these people have responsibilities elsewhere...it's not like being DC is a part time job.

Well, I know I said I was done with you but, THIS was too good to pass up.. Are you SURE it isn't a "part time job"? LOL