Worst Coast Offense

one thing i have seen over the past few years is that the 4 and 5 star kids out of california do not have the heart of a kid from western nebraska. Lucky was a 5 star recruit and he is just an average running back. BC keeps bringing in these kids from California and they dont get the work ethic and heart that it takes to play at nebraska. I watch other games and see kids flying around the ball. our kids jog there. i see no speed or energy on the field.

a good example is woodhead. he just set the all time rushing record. i realize he is divisoin 2 but you are telling me he wouldnt run hard and get yards at nebraska. how many kids have come out of nebraska or surrounding states and done well. His height was an issue, ever heard of a kid that played in kansas named sproles?? he is a midget and seems to be doing well for himself.

The west coast offense that we are running is out-dated just as much as the option was deamed to be. it is a slow and predictable offense. BC is running it the same way it was ran in the 80's, and it is just to easy to stop now. We need a QB that can run and throw and command an inovative and adaptable offense.

In the end, husker football has always been about hard work and heart. it has been about pride for where you are from and what you believe in. the group of coaches and kids that are here right now are not these type of people. i would say the only kids that play hard consistantly are those on the team that are from this area. Bring back the walk-on's...let them prove themselves and not give the spots to over-endulged california boys.

it is time for a new direction, after 4 years we have not gone any where

i agree, it sucks...it is to slow and too predictable....we need to go back to a running game.....i just dont believe the option is not a viable offense for a team....if you could run that with a spread offense as well that would be hard to predict....i see lots of teams out there that have QBs that run a offense that throws and runs both...

we just need something that is faster and more aggresive

i agree, it sucks...it is to slow and too predictable....we need to go back to a running game.....i just dont believe the option is not a viable offense for a team....if you could run that with a spread offense as well that would be hard to predict....i see lots of teams out there that have QBs that run a offense that throws and runs both...

It was a thing of the 80's and 90's. He keeps comparing his offense to Tampa Bay, well what have they done the past couple years?

agree, it sucks...it is to slow and too predictable....we need to go back to a running game.....i just dont believe the option is not a viable offense for a team....if you could run that with a spread offense as well that would be hard to predict....i see lots of teams out there that have QBs that run a offense that throws and runs both...

Illinois, WV, Florida, UT with VY all run a variation of the spread with success. It is the new option. We could run then Osborne offense with the spread option. NU with this tradition, facilities should not be struggling!

Callahan is not the only person who can run the WCO.. and in fact a lot of things he does on offense are not typical in a WCO. I do not think the triple option can compete well today, simply because defenses today have crazy speed and can react to the option much quicker than they did in the old days. The fact that callahan's WCO has not been stellar does not mean that the WCO can not work here, and it can. The WCO we're seeing this year is not typical simply because we do not have lineman who can run-block. The WCO is supposed to be a balanced run/pass, and we cannot run, we'd be better off in a spread/pistol offense this year.

Callahan is not the only person who can run the WCO.. and in fact a lot of things he does on offense are not typical in a WCO. I do not think the triple option can compete well today, simply because defenses today have crazy speed and can react to the option much quicker than they did in the old days. The fact that callahan's WCO has not been stellar does not mean that the WCO can not work here, and it can. The WCO we're seeing this year is not typical simply because we do not have lineman who can run-block. The WCO is supposed to be a balanced run/pass, and we cannot run, we'd be better off in a spread/pistol offense this year.

Unless people are running in the 4.1 to 4.2 that I don't know about I find it hard to imagine thats true. The Media and other teams fans have always been saying that about the option all through the 80's and 90's but it's funny they still kept on winning. Osborne play calling was more then the option by the way his schemes were always envolving and if you look at the Scot Frost team of 97 you would see some of the same things Florida runs with Time Tebow.

Unless people are running in the 4.1 to 4.2 that I don't know about I find it hard to imagine thats true. The Media and other teams fans have always been saying that about the option all through the 80's and 90's but it's funny they still kept on winning. Osborne play calling was more then the option by the way his schemes were always envolving and if you look at the Scot Frost team of 97 you would see some of the same things Florida runs with Time Tebow.

I don't know if they were still tired from last week at ISU, but I didn't see any excitement or energy out of the defense yesterday...it was a very embarrassing loss if you ask me.