DON'T BOYCOTT MEMORIAL STADIUM!!

TLS2

I have a different point of view regarding the game last night. I was just as upset as the next Husker fan but I saw a slight 'silver lining' which led me to post here AGAINST boycotting of any kind. I'm from Missouri but I've lived here in Nebraska longer than I've lived in Mizzou and my heart beats Husker Red and I bleed Husker Red. However, I have to say I was proud of the Tigers yesterday. Not ony was the team ready to play and wanted to win but the entire school was ready. They had been waiting for this day all year. WHAT AN INCREDIBLE COMPLIMENT TO THE HUSKERS!!! They thought enough of our team, considered us enough of a challenge to go all out to prepare for that game. I think that's inspiring!

So I've decided, and I hope many others will join me, in SUPPORTING the boys on the field as much as we can. I SO miss the heart of the Huskers. THAT is what is missing. Boycotting them by ruining yet another cherished tradition makes us no better than the folks who have driven this program into the ground (or so it seems...it's difficult to be rational when one is filled with so much anger...) I agree with what Matt Davison said last night. He said, 'Those boys have not bought into this system. They are not playing together, they are simply going through the motions.' He's right! The only part of the Heart of Nebraska that is left is our fans. If we go then Big Red will truly be dead.

So for those of you who are fans through wins, through loses, through the dry times, through the great times...PLEASE HANG IN THERE! Don't hurt those boys who are just as discouraged as you are and even more so. You don't have to go to school at UNL and hear all of the ugly things said about the team you play on everyday.

If you really want to make a difference then address your concerns to those who are in power to make changes. Write letters to Steve Pederson, to Bill C et al. THAT will make more of an impact than destroying yet another thing that makes Nebraska Football great. I want to continue to be known as the 'greatest fans on earth'. If we boycott and destroy that last vestige of our proud tradition, then we are no better than the ones we're trying to get through to.

I'll slip off my soapbox now. GO BIG RED!! We will rise above the ashes. It might not be this year...it might not be for a very long time but we WILL be back.

TLS2

The sellout streak is one of the coolest records in sports as well

I hope people keep showing up and cheering the skers on...Don't give up on this season just yet

Maybe if they went w/out selling out a game it'd send a message.

If anything it'd maybe make them drop prices a bit so I could actually afford to take my kid to a game.

The sellout streak is one of the coolest records in sports as well

I hope people keep showing up and cheering the skers on...Don't give up on this season just yet

Maybe if they went w/out selling out a game it'd send a message.

If anything it'd maybe make them drop prices a bit so I could actually afford to take my kid to a game.

yep i was planning on going to the ostate game but now i just can't see why i should pay $70 to see such a crappy product on the field. Maybe if they showed a little emotion or appeared to care(besides keller).

This sellout streak is in place because Husker Nation has been instilled with a sense of pride for their team and coaches. It has been in place for so long, not necessarily because the Huskers won every game, but came out with intensity and were able to compete with any team. I am not necessarily in favor of a boycott, but I can not see people paying so much, investing so much time into , and cheering for a team that is so bad. I usually go to at least a couple of games every year, but not this year. It is hard enough to listen to such pathetic football on the radio and to watch on it television. This kind of play tears the heart out of life-long Husker fans. It is an embarassment to the state and to the players. If this kind of play keeps up, I do not see the streak lasting long.

This sellout streak is in place because Husker Nation has been instilled with a sense of pride for their team and coaches. It has been in place for so long, not necessarily because the Huskers won every game, but came out with intensity and were able to compete with any team. I am not necessarily in favor of a boycott, but I can not see people paying so much, investing so much time into , and cheering for a team that is so bad. I usually go to at least a couple of games every year, but not this year. It is hard enough to listen to such pathetic football on the radio and to watch on it television. This kind of play tears the heart out of life-long Husker fans. It is an embarassment to the state and to the players. If this kind of play keeps up, I do not see the streak lasting long.

insanity is to keep supporting and buying the same crappy product.

I will continue to wear my husker gear with pride, and will watch the games, and be happy to be a husker fan...but I refuse to pay over $100 to get in the door (not including parking, food, etc) to see them lose to mediocre teams.

We shouldn't have the mindset of "we can't boycot the team because we gotta keep the record intact". We just can't do that. We can't want to keep a record going, we have to WANT what the record actually means. And i don't think we really do anymore, fans are losing passion for this team, and don't care to see them. Its horrible.

If the record ever does fall, our entire program is screwed though. That will take away the ONLY reason ive heard today on why we shouldn't abandon the team. Is that really the only reason you guys support the team, to keep a record that nobody outside the state knows about intact?

Whoever posted boycott Memorial Stadiumn is an idiot and has no respect for the tradition of the NU football program or college athletes. I am as pissed as anyone about the embarrasing loss at Mizzou but I will state again if anyone doesnt want to go to any more home games and wants to get rid of their tics, let me know I will buy your tic for face value and go to the game. I stuck through the Jamal Lord era, I will stick through the COSGROVE era what ever is left of it... NOT LONG