Some Mizzou Fans Make us look bad.

I was very unimpressed with a good handfull of Mizzou Fans. I know that every school has these but we were tailgating and I saw numerous things that made our Tiger Fan base look bad. I over heard a large group of Mizzou fans yelling at some husker fans. I walked over to see who they were starting crap with (we were on a parking garage rooftop and they were yelling at husker fans on the street). Now, it wouldn't have been quite as bad had the Husker Fans not been 70 YEARS OLD! I myself treated all Husker Fans with respect and met alot of nice Nebraska faithful. So, if the guy wearing the Frazier jersey is reading this it was good to meet you.....Hope you all don't look at the majority of Mizzou fans as bad I did see things that made me feel bad about some of my Mizzou Brethren. Just venting.....

Barnacle.....

I realize any school can have a handful of bad fans, who could sit anywhere in its stadium. But at Missouri, isn't it mostly the student section that's the problem? Good grief. Why would the student section boo Nebraska's marching band? How lame.

For the Missouri fan in this thread, thanks for your comments. Most of us know most of your fans are good people, like here in Nebraska. I'm sure most of the students aren't bad people either, but they need to be taught how to behave better. Don't boo our marching bad. They are not competing in the game. Gee.

I was very unimpressed with a good handfull of Mizzou Fans. I know that every school has these but we were tailgating and I saw numerous things that made our Tiger Fan base look bad. I over heard a large group of Mizzou fans yelling at some husker fans. I walked over to see who they were starting crap with (we were on a parking garage rooftop and they were yelling at husker fans on the street). Now, it wouldn't have been quite as bad had the Husker Fans not been 70 YEARS OLD! I myself treated all Husker Fans with respect....

Barnacle.....

Thanks for your sentiments, Barnacle.... although, I have to take issue with the comment about "it wouldn't have been quite as bad..."

The notion that being "70 years old" somehow makes it 'more wrong' to disrespect a fan; however, you then state that you treat EVERY opposing fan "right", so that leads one to believe that you'd expect your fellow fans to also treat ALL fans the way you would want to be treated.

Again, I do appreciate your thoughts, but I felt compelled to clarify the 'Golden Rule' as it applies to good sportsmanship. It's difficult to do, but it's worth the effort....

Good luck to the Tigers down in Norman (and the rest of the season).

I've never understood the need for any fan to berate the opposing team's fans. For the most part, I think that the majority of fans in the Big 12 are good folks. I've had good experiences at ISU, OU, KSU, and Tech. The only time I've had a bad time was at game in Austin. It didn't help that we were in the middle of the UT student section, but yeesh, I've never had so much vitriol spewed our way. Really, it was surprising considering they beat us 70-14. I have friends who have had a great time at UT games. Sadly, the few bad apples can really speak volumes even when the majority of fans are cool.

I've never understood the need for any fan to berate the opposing team's fans. For the most part, I think that the majority of fans in the Big 12 are good folks. I've had good experiences at ISU, OU, KSU, and Tech. The only time I've had a bad time was at game in Austin. It didn't help that we were in the middle of the UT student section, but yeesh, I've never had so much vitriol spewed our way. Really, it was surprising considering they beat us 70-14. I have friends who have had a great time at UT games. Sadly, the few bad apples can really speak volumes even when the majority of fans are cool.

Let me clarify what I meant by the wording of that. What I am saying is that it is wrong for them to say that to anyone but shows more cowardice to say that to ederly couples. Would they have been saying that had Purify, Lucky and Friends had they been walking down the street? Maybe, but I highly doubt it. "Be sure Brain is in Gear before engaging Mouth!". Maybe I shouldn't have said it wouldn't have been so bad, rather I should have said it showed more cowardice screaming at an elderly couple. Which it did.

Barnacle....

Let me clarify what I meant by the wording of that. What I am saying is that it is wrong for them to say that to anyone however its shows even more of a lack of class, and even more cowardice to say that to ederly couples. Would they have been saying that had Purify, Lucky and Friends had they been walking down the street? Maybe, but I highly doubt it. "Be sure Brain is in Gear before engaging Mouth!". Maybe I shouldn't have said it wouldn't have been so bad, rather I should have said it showed more cowardice screaming at an elderly couple. Which it did.

Barnacle....

Okay, gotcha; Barnacle, I couldn't tell from your initial comments what your intent was for sure. Thanks for clarifying.....

I went to the game on Saturday, and I came away not every wanting to go back. I met, maybe, 10 nice missouri fans while I was in Columbia. I went into it expecting the students to be obnoxious and drunk. But I wasn't expecting 30 and 40 year olds to be joining them (in being pricks I mean). Besides the obvious, "Nebraska suck! Go home." One of the good ol' mizzou faithful tried to start a fight with me in the stadium. Luckily some of the nice fans I mentioned earlier just happened to be sitting next to us. Then, of course, after the game heaven forbid that you were wearing red. The badgering was neverending. I've never been happier to leave a place in my life! And I'll be damned if I ever go back. By my experience I would rate Missouri fans' class at the bottom of the big 12, right next to colorado.

The student section is probably the one area you don't want to sit at in an opponent's stadium. I'm sure opponent fans sitting in the Nebraska student section (I don't think any sit there) would have some problems with drunken students. Don't sit in the student section unless you are cheering for the same team.

Just imagine what it would have been like if Nebraska had won. I was on here the other day talking about how I had ran into quite a few Buff fans who were classless. After this wkd, I'm not sure at all I can complain about the peope from Colorado. Its a shame that you never want to go back however I can't blame you in the least.

Barnacle.....

The student section is probably the one area you don't want to sit at in an opponent's stadium. I'm sure opponent fans sitting in the Nebraska student section (I don't think any sit there) would have some problems with drunken students. Don't sit in the student section unless you are cheering for the same team.

I didn't sit in the damn student section...I was sitting in the endzone with a bunch of 30-40 year olds. BTW, I know what the student sections are like (as I currently am one at UNL), and I'm not anywhere near dumb enough to sit in an opposing team's student section.

I went to the game and there was a lot of trash talking when we got there. Now, I am 27 years old and I was with 3 other friends who are also around my age. We were heckled as we were walking to the stadium, which in my opinion, is fine. It's all in good fun. However, we left at the end of the 3rd quarter to try and beat traffic, and as we were in the gate or whatever it's called. There was a guy who was looking down from his seat at an old heavy set husker fan. He was spitting down on him and was saying things like "Maybe next time." So I stopped and looked up at him hoping that he would notice me in my husker gear. He was about 50 feet high and I was giving him the middle finger hoping that he would see me. Either he didn't see me, or he pretended like he didn't because he may of noticed that I am not 70 years old and that I have the ability to stand up for myself and that if he would of spit on me, I would of ran up to his seat and threw his ass off the bleachers into the ground that he was spitting on.

Besides that, I expected a hostile crowd, I expected trash talking which is fine. I wish lincoln was more like that. However, spitting or throwing sh#t is crossing the line.

I also have to give props to Mizzou fan for this.......

On our way back home going North on I-29. It was close to where we approach the state line that goes in to Iowa exiting the state of "Missouri", there were signs on 3 over passes hanging down to rub it in. They were in yellow and black of course and the first one said..."MIZZOU", the second one said, "Mizzou RAH!!!", and the third one said, "Huck the Fuskers". We were laughing.......really hard. Each of the signs had corn cobs hanging from them. That was great. We named I-29 northbound the road of shame. Because well, we deserved it.