So, a friend of mine was playing NCAA Football 2007...

He was playing as South Florida, as he wanted to run an option offense (they had a good scrambling QB), although that plan gave way to a spread, bootleg run-throw option. Anyway, I digress...

He was doing relatively well on offense, always scored over 30 points a game. However, he ended up 6-7 after his first season because he couldn't call defense very well. So, we came up with a fun idea after his 1st game in his second season. We started running a coordinator system, where he calls and plays offense, and I call and play defense. In our first game doing that, we upset #12 Miami by 28 points. I really like being able to concentrate on my defensive plan, I guess it makes the game seem a bit more realistic from a coaching perspective.

Anyway, I was curious if anybody else has ever tried something like this. It's pretty fun, and the only problem it's caused was in recruiting (I want to build my secondary, he wants to build his O-line), although we ended up deciding on him making the recruiting decisions since it's his dynasty.

Yeah, I've actually have had the most fun playing games this way.. I love the way my friend calls the defense, and I take care of the offense..

Though a time or two, we came to some disagreements.. and we basically went with who's dynasty we were playing with.. but yeah. I think its pretty fun.

Yeah, I've actually have had the most fun playing games this way.. I love the way my friend calls the defense, and I take care of the offense..

Though a time or two, we came to some disagreements.. and we basically went with who's dynasty we were playing with.. but yeah. I think its pretty fun.

OMG a girl that likes games!!!! Are you married??? :lol:

I can't say ive ever done that, sounds pretty fun though.

The art of video-game playcalling is so fricking fun. Play Action, Screens, and Draws make your opponents look like fools. I love the 80+ yard TD runs off a Draw. Sooo great

Haha, just today we had a 4th and 2 on our own 45. He decided to go for it w/ a QB sneak out of a Big I formation. Me being the good friend I am, I recommended he think twice about it. 2 seconds later, he breaks a QB sneak for a 65 yard TD run. We both laughed at how ridiculous it was.

I'd pwn all of you at NCAA or Madden. And I wouldn't need someone to play defense for me.

Good for you. Although, I'd be willing to bet I could hold my own. It's not so much that I can't play offense, it's more so that I'm better at defense than I am at offense. But, then again, that's not the point of this thread.

I was just curious if anyone had tried the coordinator system. If you want to assert your video-game football dominance, start your own thread about it.

• 1 month later...

So... not that anyone cares... but UPDATE.

After 10+ years at USF, we decided to move over to Texas A&M (where I refused to coach games against Nebraska, haha). After 4 or 5 years there, we created a new coach for me to use in the Dynasty, doing the "Bo Pelini" thing and going from D-Coordinator to HC at Nebraska (or so it seems). I took over at the end of the season, and so I got minimal recruiting points. Despite that, I brought in the #4 recruiting class in the nation, as opposed to my friend who took over Georgia and had a full allotment of points, who was ranked 30-something with only 6 recruits signing. First game of the season, I lost to Georgia 34-35 on a last minute blocked extra point. Now, I'm in a rematch with A&M (who is a BEAST, I came from 24 behind to beat them the first time) for the Big 12 Championship, and I'm projected to play in the Fiesta. My friend is undefeated w/ Georgia, but is ranked 6 because there are 6 undefeated teams, all from different conferences.

• 2 weeks later...

My friend is undefeated w/ Georgia, but is ranked 6 because there are 6 undefeated teams, all from different conferences.

so the bcs CAN get more screwed up!

Haha, ya, we didn't believe it. It's the first time I've ever had it happen on 07. The most before was 3 I think.