going to a game for the first time in 10 years!

hi all:

i will be attending my first game (and visiting lincoln) since i finished graduate school at UNL 10 years ago. i am anxious to see how the university and lincoln have changed in that time. for those who go to games all of the time or live in lincoln please let me know what are some of the new things to check out on game day. i know the team is kind of tanking right now, but i am really excited to get back there and soak the whole husker nation thing in again. thanks in advance for all of the recomendations.

hi all:

i will be attending my first game (and visiting lincoln) since i finished graduate school at UNL 10 years ago. i am anxious to see how the university and lincoln have changed in that time. for those who go to games all of the time or live in lincoln please let me know what are some of the new things to check out on game day. i know the team is kind of tanking right now, but i am really excited to get back there and soak the whole husker nation thing in again. thanks in advance for all of the recomendations.

Hey man. A few people have been contributing to this thread with all kinds of recommendations... This will be my first trip for a game there, so I'm jazzed about it, too. Have a big time.

Ride 'em!

hi all:

Good for you. Have a great time. Enjoy everything RED. I would kill to be able to get to a game in Lincoln.

Maybe next year.!!!

GO BIG RED!!!

hi all:

The campus has changed a lot. There is a brand new dorm right in the middle of campus now for honors students. New Union sort of. Just lots of updates that I feel have really made the campus look great. New Teachers College. Cather Hall has a brand new dorm just to the North of it.....no more bball hoops or parking lot.

It'll be great....lots of new stuff

hi all:

The campus has changed a lot. There is a brand new dorm right in the middle of campus now for honors students. New Union sort of. Just lots of updates that I feel have really made the campus look great. New Teachers College. Cather Hall has a brand new dorm just to the North of it.....no more bball hoops or parking lot.

cool! do they still have that obnoxious, red, circle K, construction beam looking thing between Hamilton Hall and Love Library? i peed on that thing several times after a couple of hard nights of drinking downtown.

You'll have a great time! In 2002, it had been 25 years since I had attended a game, and I felt like it was the first time! The RED everywhere, the fans, the Tunnel Walk, Val's pizza............ Enjoy every minute of it. We'll be going to the A&M game too. I agree with General Blackshirt......I'm as pumped as if we were #1. It IS a great experience..... GO BIG RED!!!

hi all:

cool! do they still have that obnoxious, red, circle K, construction beam looking thing between Hamilton Hall and Love Library? i peed on that thing several times after a couple of hard nights of drinking downtown.

Ask nepolo7 about this as well. He fell as he was peeing in that thing. Funniest thing I ever saw. :lol:

WOOT! I actually won tickets to the KSU game. My family are headed back for that game. I haven't been back since my brother-in-law and I went and watched the 96 huskers play ISU. I loved it! I would like to find out if there will be a tailgate party I can stop by and talk some husker stuff. Also I'm very excited to get to the sports complex. My name is on the wall and I've been trying to get pictures since they built it. Is that portion of the complex open before or after the game?

Thanks in advance!

GBR